Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

At what age did you get your first gray hair? Should you dye or go natural?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 72 Replies

I remember finding my first gray hair at 27 and I was so sad.  Now that I am in my 30's, I have more and with dark hair too, they REALLY stand out at times.  They sometimes stick straight up if they are new.  Wondering what you all think about whether to dye or go natural.  :)

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie1106
by Paula on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I noticed my first gray hair when I was 16 :-( But I just had a few until I reached my mid twenties and now it's much more noticeable. And I have dark hair too. I constantly dye my hair to cover it. I just turned 30 last month. Too young to be gray in my opinion! lol.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I'm 39 and don't have any!  Going natural is the easier route.  Once you start coloring your hair, it will be a lot of maintenance.

t1gger143
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Last year at 31. It's just one and it's right on top of my head. I usually just pull it out. I already dye my hair randomly.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I can't remember when I got my first gray hair. I am 34 and have a few. When I wear my hair in braids you can't see them. When my hair is not in braids I can style it is the gray hairs won't be seen so it's not a problem.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Other than temporarily dying my hair purple during football season, I never really thought about dying my hair. Maybe I will start when I am 50.
nabeaud
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I started going grey at 36, when my life got really stressful with my kiddos.  I'm strawberry blonde so the grey don't show too much and they're mostly right on top of my head. It would be wonderful if they didn't stick straight up though LOL. Not going to dye it though.  I wear my grey with pride.  Just one more thing my kids gave me :) Like pictures and dandelions

TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I started getting grey hair at 15.  I have never dyed my hair.  I'm 40 now and there is entry of "salt in my pepper".

amyrebecca1853
by Amy on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I was 18! I have natural blonde hair but was dying it red so it was very noticeable. Then I went to dark brown in my twenties and even more noticeable. This summer I went to back to blonde, but lighter than my natural color. So the grays aren't as noticeable, but the roots are a lite darker, so the dying continues. Lol.
VarelaClan
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I'm 35 and don't have a gray hair on my head. My hair is all natural.
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I'm 38 and I have some grey hair but only in 1 area. Ill color my hair..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)