Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Neighbor hood kids

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 28 Replies

What is it with the neighbor kids.

They come here almost everyday asking for things.  Dont get me wrong I dont mind helping out, here and there but not almost everytime they ring the doorbell.  I am not a Kroger, I can not afford to help them out all the time.  It is getting to the point I dont even answer my door.

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

This is why living out in the country is the best. Closest neighbor is 2 miles away in one direction and he is just a really really sweet old man, the other neighbor that lives in the other direction from our house is almost 3 miles away and they only have one child but he has physical disabilities and isn't allowed to go on his own.

Jaysmommy32
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Where are the parents of these kids??

I've heard people say before they have this problem. I've never had to deal with it. IDK maybe I look mean or something lol
mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I've never had it happen either but I would just tell them I don't have any. Mayr after enough no's try will quit asking.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

How odd. I've never had that happen

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

What kinds of things are they asking for?  A cup of milk or sugar, an egg, a roll of tp?  I don't get it.  My neighbor has asked for an egg before or other ingredients when she was in the middle of making something and we garden share (I grow stuff she doesn't, she grows stuff I don't and we trade), but I don't expect her to provide me with all the ingredients for dinner.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting Jaysmommy32:

Where are the parents of these kids??

I've heard people say before they have this problem. I've never had to deal with it. IDK maybe I look mean or something lol

I guess they are working or at their friends. 

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Quoting SallyB_LMT:

What kinds of things are they asking for?  A cup of milk or sugar, an egg, a roll of tp?  I don't get it.  My neighbor has asked for an egg before or other ingredients when she was in the middle of making something and we garden share (I grow stuff she doesn't, she grows stuff I don't and we trade), but I don't expect her to provide me with all the ingredients for dinner.

Some times it is mayo things like that. On Friday it was to borrow my laptop to do home work,  I told them no on the laptop.  Because my hubby would flip is lid. 

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting waytomanykids10:

This is why living out in the country is the best. Closest neighbor is 2 miles away in one direction and he is just a really really sweet old man, the other neighbor that lives in the other direction from our house is almost 3 miles away and they only have one child but he has physical disabilities and isn't allowed to go on his own.

Maybe moving would be a good idea. But I can not afford that right now.  That is one good thing about living in the country

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Dont me mad at the kids , where are these kids parents? I hope these kids really aint hungry. Because i know some kids do have food at home, but they still ask neighbors for food. Most kids do this, unless their parents teach them not too, because it could be dangerous knocking on people doors. Some kids are just greedy, they just being a typical kid. My kids do the same thing. I always keep fridge stock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I would be bored out of my mind, living that far from civilization.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)