Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

last name

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 21 Replies
I need some opinions here. I have been married 3 years and have a 9 month old. My father's wife sent a package to us a few months ago with my daughter's first name and my maiden name with a smilie face. I let it go even though I didn't think it was funny. Now we got a package to my husband and I with my maiden name. The postal worker did not deliver it to us or our leasing office because of the different last name. My husband went to the post office to get it and they werent going to give ot to him because it was under a different name.
I said something to my dad and his wife and they told me I was being shitty and they would not send anything else. They played it off as if it was a mistake.
I took a vow to my husband and this baby is his. Even if we ever got divorced she and I would keep his last name. It hurts his feelings my dad and his wife do this. It was not a mistake and they are doing it because they think it is funny.
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom48
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Man, that sucks. Traditionally women do take their husband's last name when they marry. It doesn't make much sense as to why they are doing that, but it's definitely passive-aggressive. I would try to get to the bottom of it with a normal adult conversation :)
emilysmom8
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Im guessing they dont like your DH?

JamieBue38
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

That's very immature for them.

They should respect your decision and just let it go.

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting JamieBue38:

That's very immature for them.

They should respect your decision and just let it go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof1want1mor
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Are they trying to make a joke saying that they feel you wear the pants in the relationship??? That's not cool!! My husband will be the first to say that I'm the boss (lol jokingly of course) of the house, but it would be extremely disrespectful for someone to call him by my maiden name. The response that you got from them could be a defensive respnse, they may have felt that you might find it funny but when you didn't they felt they had to go on the defensive. IDK I'm sorry though

birdiemom
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
They are being childish. That's not funny.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Wow! That is immature of them!
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I am surprised the post office did not deliver it. 11 years later and I still get a few things in my maiden name. It could just be they are so use to writing it that way and yes it was a mistake. My mother took a while to automatically put my maiden name. I just would tease her you did it again. but I guess I am the only one that see it as it could be a mistake. Yes they should not say they are not sending anything more. But I also don't know what was said between you all.

sdgd21
by Diana on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM
My thoughts

Quoting emilysmom8:

Im guessing they dont like your DH?

sdgd21
by Diana on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I would be offended too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)