Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What did you want to be

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 46 Replies
when you were growing up? Do you still want to be whatever you wished to be when you were a child or are you already living that dream?
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I wanted to be a nurse or a teacher and a Mom.  Well, I got to be one of the three.  lol

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM

From age 11 - 17 I wanted to be an aeorbic instructer when I grew up. I had a goal to be the first African American woman to own my own gym, and have my own exercise show on ESPN.

I have no interest in being a Zumba or fitness instructor of any type. After having my first c-section (I have had four) that dream was gone! I am proud of myself just for working out.

treadmill

TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Since I was in preschool, I knew that if I had children I wanted to be home with them and be a SAHM.

I have been a SAHM for 21+ years now.

queenie7601
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM
From the ages of 7 to about 10 I wanted to be a teacher or a nurse. Then all I honestly wanted to be was a sahm, because that is what my mom was.
I was a sahm from 21 until about 7 years ago when financially I had to get a job, became an administrative asst. And was in this line of work until i lost my job at the beginning of 2013 and then found out I pregnant again. I would love to not go back to work and be a sahm again, but financially I will be applying by December to be an Admin. Asst. again.
nabeaud
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM

From the age of 5, when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would answer, "A wife and a Mommy".  I am both those.
Other than that, I flirted with the idea of teacher, astronaut, singer, actress, writer.  But under and over it all, was "wife and Mommy"

Regina31005
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I wanted to travel the world and dig up dinosaur fossils, it wasn't until I was older I learned the name of that was paleontologist. I'm a manager at a transmission parts company now, would still love to be a paleontologist!!!! I used to study books on dinosaurs and fossils on my free time when I was little :)
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I wanted to be a mommy.  I am. :)

blessedmom1978
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I wante to be a teacher. I am not one. I did not even finish college. I had a child young and was a single mom and had to takr care of us.

Jaysmommy32
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I wanted to be a teacher.

I've been a preschool teacher now for the past 14 years.
Vix920
by Vickie on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I wanted to be a teacher or a librarian. I work for an insurance company now. I'm not career-minded. I'm happy with my 9-5. DH is a teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)