Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My small project for today

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am making myself a Pocket Purse.  I've never done this before and don't have a pattern, I am going by what I see on the one I bought last year.  I decided to weave the material for one myself - I bought black and lavender yarn.

My quick project for the day was to weave the material.  So - here are a few pictures from my day:

Setting up the loom.....

Starting to make progress.....

Completed fabric.  I need to get a zipper and chording (for the strap) - hopefully I can get those in a few days when I visit a nearby town.

This is the Pocket Purse I bought last year, that I am using as my sample (though I am thinking of using only one zipper....especially since I am making this up as I go along).

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice job so far!!! Good luck with the remaining parts :)
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks great!  Let us know how you make out with the rest of it =)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Good job! I can't wait to see the finished product.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I can't wait to see it either!  LOL!

I hope I can find the things I need on Wednesday when I go to the other town.  I -think- I know where there is a store I can find zippers in...and I HOPE I can find chording.  

Quoting diaperstodating:

Good job! I can't wait to see the finished product.

poshkat
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM
So awesome! You might be able to find a zipper and straps in the shook. The one in beer sheva has everything but I know you're not close to there and I don't know if you have one near you
momof3inTN
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That looks amazing! Good job. I hope you can find what you need to finish it.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

There is only a small shuk here two days per week....I am told that occasionally a guy shows up with fabric, etc....but you can't predict when he will be here.  There is one store in my town that sells yarn...but they don't have fabric or accessories.  :-(

I have to go to Nahariya on Wednesday anyway to pick up a rental car we'll have for a few days.  I have a list of errands to do while there too.  There are two fabric stores there and a sewing-machine store....so I hoe that with those options I'll find what I need.

Quoting poshkat:

So awesome! You might be able to find a zipper and straps in the shook. The one in beer sheva has everything but I know you're not close to there and I don't know if you have one near you

poshkat
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TableforSeven:

There is only a small shuk here two days per week....I am told that occasionally a guy shows up with fabric, etc....but you can't predict when he will be here.  There is one store in my town that sells yarn...but they don't have fabric or accessories.  :-(

I have to go to Nahariya on Wednesday anyway to pick up a rental car we'll have for a few days.  I have a list of errands to do while there too.  There are two fabric stores there and a sewing-machine store....so I hoe that with those options I'll find what I need.

Quoting poshkat:So awesome! You might be able to find a zipper and straps in the shook. The one in beer sheva has everything but I know you're not close to there and I don't know if you have one near you

Sounds like a plan!
mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Looking good so far. I had what I needed for my many projects today. I finished all but one thing.
mommybug77
by Crystal on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)