Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Activities

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

How often do you do planned activities with your children ?  Like Outings and special things ??

My daughter is in a phase where she constantly wants to do special things ... not 3 weeks ago we did our "Halloween Bonanza weekend" which included a family halloween movie on Saturday morning, going shopping for Halloween decorations, pumpkin etc Themed food for dinner.  Sunday more themed food, picking corn stalks for our front porch, decorating with her friend.  But yesterday she's whining about wanting to go eat at the restaurant, do more things, outings,  says we never "do anything" well I work 9 to 5, Monday through Friday, unfortunately weekends are mostly spent cleaning. laundry and grocery shopping, and well I gotta admit I like some "me" time too.  Like watching a movie with DH and not necessarily being on the go all the time ... Over the summer she's done : SO much but it never seems to be enough.  I'm wondering if she's just asking for too much or if I'm the one not doing enough ...

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybug77
by Crystal on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
The older 3 do lots threw school, scouts and such. My youngest is pretty easy going.
pinkfairy0206
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I have 4 kids. I try to once a month have alone time one on one with one of them. Its hard. I want them all to know I love spending time with them. My 11 yr old is in a lot of activities through school and keeps busy.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the week.  Sometimes we have multiple things to go to and other times not much at all.  Tomorrow night we're going to a Halloween event at the grocery store and she's got something at the library on Thursday night.  Next week she has a Halloween event at a different library, one at the park and she has a birthday party to go to.  In the next week and a half, we also have to go back to the scarecrow festival, make a trip to the pumpkin patch and she usually goes to the park about twice a week too.  

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

My dd is very fickle when it comes to going out,lol  I'm in the same boat - I work M-F and I'm off on the weekends.  I try to get some things done around the house during the week so I don't have much to do come the weekend.  My dd is pretty busy during the week with all of the clubs she belongs too, along with all of the homework she gets, so by the time the weekend comes she's pretty tired.  There are weekends when all she wants to do is hang around the house and do nothing,lol  It's like pulling teeth sometimes just to get her to go out for dinner,lol  

Now I just follow her lead, as the weekend approaches I'll ask her what she wants to do this way she can't give me any crap about how we never do anything,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM

We try to do as much as we can with them but they never seem happy or always want more so we really keep it limited since nothing is ever good enough or makes them happy so we stop trying a lot. We took them to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and they both just kept whining about wanting to go into the corn maze. Which I can't really blame them but last year when we went into a corn maze half way through they started complaining aobut how tired they were, it made it just awful.

We are suppose to Bowl with Santa Dec. 1st but I am somewhat anxious about how they will be since we only get to bowl for an hour then sit with Santa and that's about it.

Owner of Groups:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223 September 2002 kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116341 Once Upon A Time (TV Series)

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

that's kind of my frame of mind too ... it's never good enough.  Seems like the more I do stuff with her, the more she demands.  When we were on vacation we ate out so much she was fed up of it, now she's bitching about going out to eat.  It drives me bananas.  The other day DH and I set up for a movie with her but she didn't want to, she chose instead to go up to her room and watch TV there ... !? Then she'll complain that we don't spend time with her. When we did the Halloween thing. On the Saturday I offered to go to a pumpkin patch but she wasn't interested, she just wanted to go to the nursery down the street.  Sunday after we gathered the corn husks she was obsessing about going to the corner store with her friend to get candies instead of helping me to finish decorate ... grrrrr I'm alway stossed between feeling peeved or feeling guilty

Quoting LuvHugs429:

We try to do as much as we can with them but they never seem happy or always want more so we really keep it limited since nothing is ever good enough or makes them happy so we stop trying a lot. We took them to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and they both just kept whining about wanting to go into the corn maze. Which I can't really blame them but last year when we went into a corn maze half way through they started complaining aobut how tired they were, it made it just awful.

We are suppose to Bowl with Santa Dec. 1st but I am somewhat anxious about how they will be since we only get to bowl for an hour then sit with Santa and that's about it.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Great to know its not just mine then LOL
Quoting Jinxed8:

that's kind of my frame of mind too ... it's never good enough.  Seems like the more I do stuff with her, the more she demands.  When we were on vacation we ate out so much she was fed up of it, now she's bitching about going out to eat.  It drives me bananas.  The other day DH and I set up for a movie with her but she didn't want to, she chose instead to go up to her room and watch TV there ... !? Then she'll complain that we don't spend time with her. When we did the Halloween thing. On the Saturday I offered to go to a pumpkin patch but she wasn't interested, she just wanted to go to the nursery down the street.  Sunday after we gathered the corn husks she was obsessing about going to the corner store with her friend to get candies instead of helping me to finish decorate ... grrrrr I'm alway stossed between feeling peeved or feeling guilty

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Married to Wayne Jr April 29,2000 Wayne III - 9/16/02 & Alexis - 5/12/05

Group Owner of :

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223  September 2002 Kids

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My son & daughter go on outings every weekend,either Saturday or Sunday,last week my Mom took my daughter to a fall festival and I stayed home with my son,he says he's to old for to go to those types of things anymore,so this weekend my son will choose a place to go,it's to cold to do outdoor things,he likes to choose to go see a movie or to chuckee cheese or to the family fun center..During the week all they do is go to school since they don't do any activities outside of school at this time,my son will be starting basketball in Decmber and I am trying to get my DD into girl scouts,she want's to do soccer but that does not start until the spring...As far as eating out we quit doing that,they never ate what they orderd and always complained that they wanted to go,occasionaly we get takeout food,they like pizza or mcdonald's,my daughter likes chinese too...They get kind of bored staying home all week.

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Oh and during the Holiday's they have all these fun things to do and usually only my DD enjoys them,oh well,I remember when my son liked them too..

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

This too...

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)