Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The Sandman is a douche-canoe

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:26 AM
  • 7 Replies
Now going on 2 months, my sleep schedule is all fuxxored up. I cant seem to relax and get tired enough to go to sleep at a pre determined time. So I stay up, watch movies or play games until I can't hold my eyes open anymore. Problem is...its usually 8am or later. Then I sleep all day.
Alot of my problem is stress, sleeping in a living room (staying with my brother), dh snoring, cats running amuck, and of course, my brain won't shut up.
I've tried OTC sleep aids, warm milk, sleepy time tea...I'm trying to not to go to a doctor, because I dont want to be dependant on presceiption sleep aids.

What do you do/take to help you sleep? Im looking for suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

I did find myself tired earlier (around 12:30 am) but I had a weird dream that I was at a family reunion or something and got bit by a copperhead. When I woke up, I felt dehydrated and now im wide awake. :-/
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ambrosia78
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I wish I had some advice but I never get enough sleep because of my insomnia and on top of that, I'm a light sleeper. So I am taking any advice, just as you are. Hugs!
ambrosia78
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:54 AM
I feel ya on the insomnia...mine has always been light to moderate...but here lately, it has suxxored big time.
I've even tried staying awake on purpose, just to crash hard later. I'll sleep good after that but then the process restarts. I don't like the overly jittery feeling when I force my self to stay awake. It makes me feel like a cold, wet chihuahua on a 3 day crack spree...lol

Quoting KylesMom409:

I wish I had some advice but I never get enough sleep because of my insomnia and on top of that, I'm a light sleeper. So I am taking any advice, just as you are. Hugs!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Hugs~ I wish I had some good advice.

I deal with sleep issues/insomnia too. I see a counselor to help with stress/anxiety and take and anti anxiety med at bedtime to sleep. It's the only way I have been able to get more than 4 hours of sleep in a night. It has been recommended to me by 2 doctors that I have a sleep study done. I have to have it scheduled maybe they can figure out what my problem is.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ambrosia78:

I feel ya on the insomnia...mine has always been light to moderate...but here lately, it has suxxored big time.
I've even tried staying awake on purpose, just to crash hard later. I'll sleep good after that but then the process restarts. I don't like the overly jittery feeling when I force my self to stay awake. It makes me feel like a cold, wet chihuahua on a 3 day crack spree...lol

Quoting KylesMom409:I wish I had some advice but I never get enough sleep because of my insomnia and on top of that, I'm a light sleeper. So I am taking any advice, just as you are. Hugs!

That's an interesting comparison! LOL
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mumsy2three:

Hugs~ I wish I had some good advice.

I deal with sleep issues/insomnia too. I see a counselor to help with stress/anxiety and take and anti anxiety med at bedtime to sleep. It's the only way I have been able to get more than 4 hours of sleep in a night. It has been recommended to me by 2 doctors that I have a sleep study done. I have to have it scheduled maybe they can figure out what my problem is.

I've heard a few things about sleep studies. I think it would be eye opening to have it done. No pun intended since we want more sleep, not less! LOL
merryvoice
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:59 AM
I am an insomniac and ended up having to take seroquel. It's a prescription sleeping aid though, but it worked very very well for me. When I got pregnant I had to stop taking it, and I was lucky that being pregnant made me tired enough to sleep for the most part. Now I take just a nip of NyQuil and that helps a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)