Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

c section vs natural?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:54 AM
  • 45 Replies
I have had two c sections. First one by drs order bc dd was transverse amd could not be turned so the doc said and my second dd was a c section as well bc of the old adage once a section always a c section. I dont agree with either wish i woulda been older and more adamant abt natural. Anyway i never ever ever experienced a single contraction... I watch it on tv and i really feel like i missed out on something. Does anyone feel the same?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3sun1Angelgrl
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I only had natural..
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I prob would feel same way.
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Csections. My first was an emergency and the doctor wouldn't allow me to have a vabc. I don't feel like I missed anything I got 2 beautiful, healthy children and to me that's all that matters.
JulietAngel89
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I havent had a c section.

I have had 2 naturals and I think I like it that way for myself. 

I almost enjoy the labour with the contractions and the pushing, I would ot opt for a c section unless something was very wrong. 

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a vaginal birth with my first and a c-section with my second. Even though the recovery took longer after the c-section, I preferred it to the vaginal birth.
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I think it's so weird when women say they enjoy natural birth. You enjoy pain? Lol
Seriously though I'm not trying to put anyone down, it's just strange to me. I do think however that everyone should give birth how they want and I don't understand the whole thing about once you have a c section then they all have to be.
Personally I've had one naturally, not by choice, and one was induced with an epidural. I'll take the epidural ALL DAY LONG! My babies are perfectly healthy, the meds didn't harm my induced baby and I felt no pain. Child birth freakin hurts, I don't understand why anyone would choose that, but again to each her own.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I only had natural. 3 of them.

I'm totally against c-sections unless its an absolute medical necessity.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:37 AM
And when I say natural I don't mean with no pain meds. I means I pushed them out naturally!

I had epidurals with all 3 kiddos. Only one of the epidurals worked completely and wonderfully though. :-/

Quoting katiebug840204:

I only had natural. 3 of them.

I'm totally against c-sections unless its an absolute medical necessity.
tcallisto
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I had natural for all 3, and planning on with my fourth.  I had epidural with all of them, so the only one with bad contractions was the first.  I would be okay if I never felt that pain again, LOL.  I can see where you would feel like that, especially with all the TV and everything.  And people make their comments that that isn't real birth.  (Punch them!) As long as you and the kids are healthy :)

jcmaidens
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Yea girls were all healthy. I was only 20 so pretty naive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)