Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Halloween Questions.

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 16 Replies

For those of you who celebrate Halloween, if your kids are of that age, what are they dressing up as for Halloween? If so, what are they going to be? Are they going to go trick or treating on Halloween night, or did you do something earlier?

Did you go to any parties? Do you dress up with your kiddos?

My answers: My DD is dressing up as a 50s girl. We're going to a kids Halloween event downtown during the afternoon (3-5) and then if she's up to it, we're going to do a Trunk or Treat with some friends. If she isn't up to it, we'll just hand out candy. If she is up for it, I'll leave a bowl of candy by the front door.

No parties this year for us, but I did get a poodle skirt to wear so I could match DD.

What about you?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missygamble83
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
My girls are 5 and 10 oldest is a bee youngest is a witch and I'm going to be a skeleton. We go out trick or treating.
SP_Mama
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Kids are dressing up as Spiderman and Iron Man.  We'll be doing TOT on Halloween night with their friend from the neighborhood and his grandma.  We didn't do any parties this year...just no time for it.  I would love to dress up, but costumes are expensive and I'm not talented enough to make my own.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

My dd is dressing up as little red riding hood.  We went to 1 Halloween event at the grocery store and we're going to another event at the library on Tuesday.  We will go truck or treating with my DD's friend on Thursday.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM
We do the safe trick or treat at the mall (which we already did) & on Halloween night we goto a few neighbors' houses and the rest of the night hand out candy. I don't dress up normally but I might start. No parties yet.
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We are going to a Harvest Festival then Trick or Treating at the nursing home DH works at....we always do family themes...this year is Revenge of the Nerds

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
DS is going to be Luigi (Super Mario Brothers) and we'll be going trick or treating.
CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM
My son is 9,my daughter is 7 1/2,my son is going to be a werewolf my daughter a skeleton,we go trick or treating at a neighborhood close to where we live,always out for 3 hours or more,get a ton of candy,I have no friends so no parties here,I have a horror robe and a jester hat,I still am undecided if I'll wear it

Quoting CotterpinDoozer:

For those of you who celebrate Halloween, if your kids are of that age, what are they dressing up as for Halloween? If so, what are they going to be? Are they going to go trick or treating on Halloween night, or did you do something earlier?

Did you go to any parties? Do you dress up with your kiddos?

My answers: My DD is dressing up as a 50s girl. We're going to a kids Halloween event downtown during the afternoon (3-5) and then if she's up to it, we're going to do a Trunk or Treat with some friends. If she isn't up to it, we'll just hand out candy. If she is up for it, I'll leave a bowl of candy by the front door.

No parties this year for us, but I did get a poodle skirt to wear so I could match DD.

What about you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM

My dd is 12 she's going to be a black cat for Halloween.  She can wear her costume to school they're having a party.  

When she gets home from school she'll have to do her homework and then she's meeting up with some friends to go trick or treating.  Of course I'll be going too!  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

poeticdaisy
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My daughters are 9 years old.  One is a witch and one is Jinnafire Long (character from Monster High).  We trick or treat on Halloween night this year.  Their school had a party last Friday night, which is always so much fun.

I do typically dress up with them when we go out trick or treating, but don't think I'll be abe to this year due to the time I get out of work and when trick or treating starts.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My 9 year old is a ghost, my 6 year old is Lady bug girl, my 2 year old is Minnie Mouse and this year I will not be dressing up with them. Friday night there School had a party we all went to. My 6 year old had a friend that had a party and we will go out for a while on Halloween and I will pass some out(if there is anyone at that time).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN