Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The flu bug has hit us! :(

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

Not full force (yet) but DS (17) had senior pics tonight (a family friend doing them) & he texts me on the way home saying he has a headache, is shaky, nausea, feels cold, & has fever. It's only a matter of time. I can feel it. He got it around Thanksgiving last year & couldn't hold anything down. At least he has it early this year.

Now to clean like a mad woman to keep my other 4 kids & myself from getting it!

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM

:-( tis the season for flu bugs being passed around,I hope your family won't stay sick for long,usually my children get sick in October and stay sick through January,thankfully they have not been sick yet.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I have been working at a daycare for 6 years & have never caught anything more than a cold. (knock on wood). Ever since I was little I couldn't get the flu shot because it would make me violently ill. Some of my kids are the same. And if they do get the flu it's a 24 hour bug that just leaves them with upset belly & not being able to eat. Clearly DS isn't one of them. And usually only my 14yo DD is the only one to get the flu shot because her birthday is in the fall & so when we get her well check she gets the shot. 12yo DD got it too this year. She actually asked for the mist (& got it) when she had her 3rd HPV shot last month.

Quoting CountryGrlAtHrt:

:-( tis the season for flu bugs being passed around,I hope your family won't stay sick for long,usually my children get sick in October and stay sick through January,thankfully they have not been sick yet.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Uh, oh!  Good luck and I hope he's feeling better soon!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM

I hope he feels better soon~

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM
We got it here too :( I feel for you! My DS came home with it from school on Friday. I'm gonna try to send him back today. That is- if he wakes up and seems to be doing better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN