Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
do you travel for the holidays, if you travel for them at all?
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
3dragonflies
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:30 AM

We don't travel,, my parents are my neighbors and my sister is only 20 minutes away...makes it easy for everyone :)

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM

We travel for Thanksgiving and that is it. Our family and my BIL's family go to FL for the holiday. They stay at my IL's and we stay at my mom's and we all have T-Day together at my IL's house. The Grands ( mom, IL's and GMIL) all come up here for Christmas. My IL's and GMIL stay at my BIL's house down the street and my mom stays here. We all go to BIL's for Christmas Eve. Thankfully, we are all very close..my mom and MIL are BFF's actually so it works out well. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Every year we go home for Christmas. Haven't missed one yet. The majority of mine and my husband's family live in FL and so we go down there. My husband is in the army so that's one of the few times we go home in a year.
Marisol1106
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Never did as an adult. Maybe once when I was a kid I remember.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

my immediate family is all local me, my parents and my sister we all live within 15-20 miles from each other ; my mom usually hosts the holiday dinners.  As far as my In laws are concerned, I would love to be able to travel and see them more often but the budget just doesn't permit.   they live 700 miles away - it's a 12 hour drive or a pricey plane ticket x 3.  So we try to go once a year in the summer as our family vacation.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM

We don't travel out of town. On both my side and DH's side all of our immediate families live within 15 mintues of us. 

Pukalani79
by Kris on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:19 AM

We used to travel, but now we live in the same town as most of our families, so the furthest we travel now is about 15 min

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Farthest we travel for the holidays is about 40 miles but that is very rare, it all depends on who's house we are going to.
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

It really depends what is going on each year. Some years we are here, some we are at my Dad's in town and some we are traveling to his side of the family. Some year storms hit and we can't go. Some have been effected by flooding and someone being sick.

poeticdaisy
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I used to travel for holidays to WI...about 7 hours away, but since the divorce I haven't been there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)