Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you get BAD service, do you still TIP?

Posted by   + Show Post

Last night my family and I went out to dinner and had horrible service.  Usually when we have horrible service, we still tip.  I went outside with the girls while my hubby stayed back waiting for the check and he later informed me that he had NOT LEFT A TIP for the first time in years.  Being a former waitress, I tip regardless.  So, I am curious, DO YOU TIP EVEN IF YOU'VE GOTTEN BAD SERVICE?

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Replies (91-96):
ItrustGOD
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I don't leave tips for bad service. If the food is under or over cooked and the waiter was courteous, I'll leave a tip. But if it's the other way around, I'll leave a tip on a piece of paper stating, " here's your tip, being rude to customers will leave your pockets on E".
Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I agree!

Quoting offrdngal: If a waitress gives bad service, no, I won't leave a tip. You go into that job, knowing that your tips are based upon how you treat the customers. If you want good tips, you'll give good service. If you treat the customers poorly, expect little to no tip. It's not my problem that waitresses only make 2-something per hour + tips. I should not be expected to give my hard-earned money to someone who treats me poorly.

cocoroo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I base my tip on how my service is.  If it is terrible, there is the possibility that no tip will be left.

gemini1377
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I used to wait tables and bartend, so yes, I almost always tip regardless.  However, if a waitress is goofing off or ignoring me or a bartender repeatedly passes me up to wait on men only, I will occasionally stiff them.  I have had those bad days where nothing synchs right and no matter how hard you try, it just doesn't smooth out!  But, if someone just isn't doing their job because they just expect a tip regardless, not happening...

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I do.

usmarinewife1
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I tip but it's not even close to 15% that's my average it goes down to about 10%. I'm kinda probably the only one who does this but I left a note explaining why I tipped low. Poor service, rude or horrible attitude.
I don't want someone coming into my work place like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN