Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

30+ mom with 4 kids

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 42 Replies
Hi all, I just joined!
I'm married (23 years) and have 3 of my own kids plus one foster daughter. My son's best friend is here part time, so that's nearly 5 LOL

My oldest son is going to be 20 in 2 months, my foster daughter/his girlfriend is 18, my oldest daughter is 10 and my youngest daughter turns 16 months on Monday 11/11/13. (They're all 9 years apart)

I can't wait to get to know you and your kids :-)

Chris_n_Mandy_n_Abby's Mom

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

welcome to cafemom

Hello, welcome to the group!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Hello and welcome!  Please make yourself at home and join in on the conversations =)

MommyAddie
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Hi. I have 4 as well, but mine are little. I have 8-year-old twins, a 16 month old and 3 week old. All girls. Welcome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radshida03
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Hi welcome! I have four as well .. 19, 15, 10 and 3 :)
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Welcome... did she become his gf before she moved in or after? Whichever way it goes, you are a good person for taking her in.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Oh yeah... I am 30 with 3 ages 4, 5, and 8!
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Welcome!

I'm 40 with a 6 year old dd.

Dh and I have been together for 19 years.
Elyssa414
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I also have 4, including 1 foster. :)
Sister_Someone
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Hello, and welcome! Have fun here!

chrisnmandysmom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
They were friends from school and had just started dating. He's 1 year and 2 mos older than her, to the day. Two years ago, he asked if she could spend the weekend, her family was being evicted and they were supposed to move into some place her uncle Todd them about but then it fell through.

Came to find out that they were homeless about once per year, living on welfare but no one worked out wanted to, mom is a flake and takes off on a whim, her brothers (now 13) are developmentally delayed along other disabilities and the dad is a deadbeat who feels its his ex wife's responsibility to raise the kids so he ignores them...all around bad situation

She ended up staying about 6 months while her family lived on the street or shelters. Then she got sick and needed a tonsilectomy, she ended up with an infection after surgery, where she ended up hospitalized. I was her unofficial foster mom so had no rights, had to call her parents, who by the way wanted her to come back "home", they had just gotten into a type of halfway house but had no heat and it was winter. I told them I felt it was in her best interest to stay with us until she recovered (by the way they were all sick at the time, very sick with a flu or something, it could have really set Kyra back or potentially killed her since she had a bad infection) they backed off and we kept her. After nearly a year she moved back with her dad, her mom took off again.

Fast forward to February this year: she's still in high school about a sophomore level, and her dad starts saying she should drop out and stay hike to take care of her brothers and the house since she was turning 18 in March. She was terrified of turning into her parents but especially her dad who is a high school dropout abusing the system because he doesn't want to work. He wastes food stamps on himself, the only food, if any, in their house is boxed or microwave only, usually no food at all. She had been in foster care before and homeless several times. We decided it needed to STOP.

the day after her 18th birthday, my son and I drove to her dad's apartment and picked her up and everything she owns (not much). The deal is, she must have a job, contribute to our family and help babysit if we need it and graduate from high school then either go to college or vocational school so she can be a viable, responsible adult who can take care of herself.

Quoting mrsary:

Welcome... did she become his gf before she moved in or after? Whichever way it goes, you are a good person for taking her in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)