Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Ummm.....oops

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

Every weekend we have the boys' school's guinea pig at our house (DS#2 is responsible for it at school - and must bring it home for weekends and holidays). 

Anyway....so the schools piggy is a male (still young).  We have an adult male in one cage and three females in another cage (bought one of them...the other two were 'bonuses' born a few weeks later - and our male is not the father).   Our visiting pig stays in the carrier while here - he is still small and has plenty of room in there for the 1.5 days he is here for the we├Ękend).

DS had the school's pig out last night to play with/cuddle (the piggy is REALLY sweet).  We didn't realize it right away, but when he went to put the school's piggy back, without thinking, he put it in the cage with our three females.  I don't think the male was in there long...5 minutes, maybe.  He is only about 5 weeks old - but piggies are sexually mature at only 3 weeks.  The females are 4 months and 6.5 months old.

So - should we start taking bets on how many pregnant piggies we have?  :-/

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Bump
Adreal
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Oh no. I bought female gerbils one time and ended up with about 8 babies before I realized they were mom and dad. Good luck. :) hopefully he wasn't in there long enough.

Jenniy
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! lol I say you have 2 new mommies. lol

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Well - at least we know how to deal with babies since we got DS's female pregnant.  LOL.

But - unlike last time, when we kept the two babies, we will NOT be keeping any more babies - hopefully we can find them homes (thgh the guy at the pet store where I got the female (and buy all of our pet supplies) said he will gladly give us store credit for piggies.

Quoting Adreal:

Oh no. I bought female gerbils one time and ended up with about 8 babies before I realized they were mom and dad. Good luck. :) hopefully he wasn't in there long enough.

tnt-manda
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Best of luck with your piggies.
Adreal
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

That is good. at least you have options. they are so cute.

Adreal
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM

better yet could you imagine if this was your oops :)angel mini

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM

DH would never speak to me again!  J/K

Quoting Adreal:

better yet could you imagine if this was your oops :)angel mini

Adreal
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm sure he would after the inital shock wore off :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)