Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section question

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm almost 17mo post c-section delivery and several times a week I will get serious itching and burning on my scar and surrounding tissue. During the day I can manage it but at night I wake up scratching and rubbing. Sometimes it's even caused bruising.

In the past I've used peppermint lotion or goldbond powder with some relief.

Tonight I just slathered myself down with both hydrocortisone cream and lydocaine in attempts to calm the inflammation down...

How the heck long does this take for these freaking nerves to quit acting up? This is insane!
Do you have any other home treatment remedies?
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
17 mo sounds long! I am only 1 month into my 1st, so idk.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I hardly ever had that problem. But when it itched it was bad. I just would soak in a warm bath.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Bump

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I've never had that issue. I've had two. My scar still aches sometimes after 3 years though but that's it.

myprettypoly
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Lol. I'm starting to wonder if I'm insane!
J/k
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my fibromyalgia since it is a hyper-reaction to pain stimuli/nervous system and rheumatic issue?
MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I had INTENSE burning and itching. My doc said it was regrowth of nerves and nothing topical would really help. I used lots of grapeseed oil though to help with the surface itching. It did pass eventually.

myprettypoly
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM
How long dI'd it take?
That hydrocortisone did wonders but it also had moisturizing agents in it... maybe my skin was drying out and that intensified the issue.

Quoting MaineMammax2:

I had INTENSE burning and itching. My doc said it was regrowth of nerves and nothing topical would really help. I used lots of grapeseed oil though to help with the surface itching. It did pass eventually.

hemanclub
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I am 14 months post c and have been having the same issue!  It's my 3rd c in 11 years and this is the first this has happened but I'm thinking it may just be a dry skin thing but it's just the one spot on my body right below my scar. Idk.

myprettypoly
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Glad I'm not alone
My area is right above on and below my section scar which healed extremely fast and is very neat in appearance (no weird bumps or jagged lines)
But sometimes when the itch is crazy bad it'll extend from naval all the way down.to my pubic bone.

Quoting hemanclub:

I am 14 months post c and have been having the same issue!  It's my 3rd c in 11 years and this is the first this has happened but I'm thinking it may just be a dry skin thing but it's just the one spot on my body right below my scar. Idk.

ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Coconut oil. Works like a charm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)