Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Homemade gifts

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 19 Replies

Since Christmas is coming up many people decide to go either a cheaper or easier route for extended family. I am no different. I prefer to give homemade gifts because to me they are more heart-felt then something bought at the store and 93% I already have all of the ingredients on hand anyways.

This year I am giving people (mostly dh's family since my side doesn't exchange gifts anymore);

soap, lip balm, lip gloss, lotion bars, lavendar milk bath stuff, bath salts and possibly some apricot jam and bread in a jar.

I'll be more than happy to share any recipe for anything that I have listed just ask. 

Do you give homemade gifts? Do you like to receive them?

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I'm making a bunch of homemade gifts this year.  I'm making scarves, no-sew blankets, Xmas ornaments, etc.  I do like receiving homemade gifts from my dd and my Mom.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM
It really is a great way to celebrate the true meaning of the season. :) I just wish I was talented enough to make gifts! LOL
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Quoting KylesMom409:

It really is a great way to celebrate the true meaning of the season. :) I just wish I was talented enough to make gifts! LOL

You might surprise yourself. I'm not very talneted. Pintrest is where I get alot of my ideas from. Plus most of them have step-by-step directions which make it easier.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting KylesMom409:It really is a great way to celebrate the true meaning of the season. :) I just wish I was talented enough to make gifts! LOL

You might surprise yourself. I'm not very talneted. Pintrest is where I get alot of my ideas from. Plus most of them have step-by-step directions which make it easier.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) and for the Pinterest recommendation. I just have to try and remember my password on that! LOL
ldylancer03
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I do that this year. Esp for the kids. Crayons. Playdoh and hopefully paints.
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Quoting KylesMom409:

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting KylesMom409:It really is a great way to celebrate the true meaning of the season. :) I just wish I was talented enough to make gifts! LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) and for the Pinterest recommendation. I just have to try and remember my password on that! LOL

You don't have to have a password just to look. My sil doesn't have an account but gets on there to look.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting KylesMom409:
Quoting OliviaW.:

You don't have to have a password just to look. My sil doesn't have an account but gets on there to look.

Good to know! Thanks! :)
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Quoting ldylancer03:

I'm thinking about making some bath tub paints this year for the kids. I'm just not sure how well they'll turn out.

ldylancer03
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
The only one I have tried so far wasn't very good. If I can find a better one I might include that.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting ldylancer03:

I'm thinking about making some bath tub paints this year for the kids. I'm just not sure how well they'll turn out.

mommybug77
by Crystal on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I like them if there is thought behind them. I am not giving anyone anything this year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)