Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I just wrote a nasty letter...

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 16 Replies
To our mail delivery person. Every week our mail is either delivered to our neighbor or theirs is in our box. Mail that isn't our address is in there, people who don't live here are in there. The delivery person even put OUR names in our box and still can't get it right. We have most mail kept strictly to need to mail things. We don't get credit card apps and such but our neighbor does! And it's a pre-approved app in our box. This is how fraud happens. Their box is literally five feet from ours! How hard is it to get it right! I've given letters in the last an this time I threatened to go to her boss if she can't get it right. It just pisses me off. Anyway, that's my vent for the day.
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM

They don't separate it. A machine does and they deliver. They don't sit and look at every name all the time.  Yes, I have gotten the wrong mail. I just bring it over to our neighbors or I will wait for my mail man and say can you kindly get this to the right address. He will white out a bar code that is put on it. If I just stick it back in the mail it will just keep coming back to me. Then he will put it back in the mail.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I had to complain to my local post office years ago ... I had a mail person that couldn't bother to drive the extra few feet  to our door for signature required deliveries ... instead I'd have to go to the post office a few miles away to retreive my boxes ... it was incredibly annoying !

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM

We had a crappy mailman for the past few years, but we never complained.  Apparently a lot of others complained to the post office and he got fired.  Now we don't have a regular mail person and it's even worse.  Our mail comes anywhere between 5pm-8pm at night if they even show up at all!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Boo

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

The mail carrierr doesn't sort the mail, a machine does) the carrier just delivers it.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

That is dumb.   

Quoting Jinxed8:

I had to complain to my local post office years ago ... I had a mail person that couldn't bother to drive the extra few feet  to our door for signature required deliveries ... instead I'd have to go to the post office a few miles away to retreive my boxes ... it was incredibly annoying !

katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Even so, the mail carriers learn whose names belong to what houses. My last carrier before I moved was always on the lookout for wrong names and addresses. He would always put a question mark on the letters if it was our address but not our name.

Quoting OliviaW.:

The mail carrierr doesn't sort the mail, a machine does) the carrier just delivers it.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
We are lucky if our mail gets picked up. We've learned that we have to take our mail to the post office or their mailboxes, if we jeed something mailed out. We can't put it in our mailbox, with the flag raised...it will sit there for several days, to a week, before the mailman will get it. Never mind that it's a walking route and our houses are not spaced far apart. Our mailbox is in plain sight and you can't miss the being up. I've complained a few times, but I just waste my breath...nothing is done. It's ridiculous.

myprettypoly
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I am a sahm and the other day I heard my front door open and close and kinda freaked out.
It was an hour before either my hubby or nephew gets home... I went downstairs to find a package sitting by my front door (we don't have a porch). I know my mailman, he goes to my church so it isnt a huge deal... but the least he could have done was announce his presence to prevent my heart attack. Lol
mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Since all our units are close together the sorter probably does sort it correctly, she just doesn't put it in the right boxes. She also doesn't pay attention to signature required. We ordered an apple product (iPod or something) and apple requires a signature. She left it at our front door for all to see in its apple box. Lucky it was still there. She even asked where we warned packages left if we got them, does she leave them where we specified, no.

I'm sorry she has to use her brain but its rediculous. The addresses here are dumb so its literally, 3274, 3284 1/2 unit 1 and 3284 1/2 unit 2. She has to look at it. It's not that hard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN