Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

New to the group

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello. My name is Sarah. I just joined the group today. Im mom to 2 girls ages 5 and 7.

I came here looking for a good support group for parents of children who are victims of sexual assault. My 7 year old was assaulted by someone who she considered family. Just having people to talk to would be great.

Thank you.

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Hello Sarah welcome to the group. So sorry that had to happen to your daughter I don't personally have any experience in that area but I am sure you will find others who know exactly what you guys have been through.

I hate to hear things like that happen to kids. You are a stronger woman than me because I honestly don't know if I would be free to tell the story.

How is your daughter doing? How are you doing?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Welcome to the group. Hopefully you can find the support you need.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Hi and Welcome
sarahj0826
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Thank you. were kind of a mess but shes being really strong. we just put her in counseling. shes good most days but then she has her share of bad days too. its still a mess going thru the court systems and stuff but hopefully it will be done and over soon. it just happened in august. poor thing it was the day before her 7th birthday. im completely amazed at how strong and brave she is being.

MommaVoo
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I do not know how much I can help you but if you ever need to talk about the feelings involved Im here.. My father molested my neice a few years ago and is now in prison for it.. it was all a HUGE shock and we still dont know why he did it. Unfortunately I cant give advice for your daughter as part of the issue was that my sister was a horrible mother and my father was almost always watching my neice so we got her into her fathers home and im afraid we have all lost contact. We(myself and the third sister) know she is in a better spot but its sad to lose contact with her completely. I can say that counseling is key and if she acts out deal with it however your counselor says to unless its obvious you have a bad counselor.

Good luck and much love to you and your daughter. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hi Sarah, welcome to the group!
.PilesOfLaundry
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM

welcome to the group

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Goodness, that is so terrible! To my knowledge it hasn't happened to my children. They are 3, 5, and 8. Welcome to the group!
LuckymOmma_
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Welcome to the group I have been a member here for quite a while under a previous screen name,this group is wonderful & everyone here is very kind,hope your having a good day Today.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)