Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you shop at consignment or thrift stores?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 52 Replies

I feel like I am totally missing out! My friends were talking the other day about how they love going to consignment and thrift stores but I've never really been to them.

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

No, I have better luck shopping the clearance racks at Target or Kohls.  

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

I started going last year to a second hand store because DD needed skates for a school outing and at the rate she's growing I was not going to buy yet another pair ... so I went to a second hand store.  Picked up a pair of skates for $3 then I started looking at other stuff, CDs were $1, pants for Dd with the tags still on them $2 etc so yeah now I go when I'm looking for something specific why buy new when you can buy gently used and pay a fraction of the price !!

bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Goodwill...

TimandMely4ever
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I shop at Goodwill, Consignment shops, and garage sales almost exclusively.  I love them!

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I love second hand stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Yes, i shop second hand.
justbereal
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Yes. Goodwill
MommaVoo
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I like to but the only ones nearby are a mixed bag, mostly overpriced furniture they literally found on the street during our city's big trash day and nick knacks.. then there is Goodwill which I have found some great stuff in other cities but ours is really lacking. Craigslist is a great way to find things as well but not many for me because of the size of our town.. one of the only things I dont like about living in a smaller town lol.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate goodwill but I love going to jbf sales. It stands for just between friends. It's a huge consignment sale with clothes, toys, etc. google it and see if there's one in your area. They usually have a fall and spring sale. I buy only the brand names, designer, and brand new stuff. I typically get two big trash bags full for just a couple hundred bucks. I've been shopping them since my oldest was born 4 years ago. I can't even imagine how much I've saved on clothes. I fill in his wardrobe with target and old navy. I pass all his stuff down to my youngest.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I don't. I have nothing against them. It's just that DH and I are large people and the clothes they have in our sizes leave a lot to be desired. My son usually lucks out and gets hand me downs from a family friend who tends to buy brand name things and apparently gets tired of them pretty quickly. He's a young boy with a great job and money to burn so he spends it on clothes. My daughter...poor thing. She's short and stocky so we have a really hard time finding clothes to fit her as it is. I'm not wasting my time at thrift stores trying to find clothes for her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)