Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unplanned fourth. Conceived weeks after termination. Crazy age differences.

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM
  • 34 Replies
Hi all. I'm just looking for encouragement. I have 3 kids: ages 18, 11, and 7. DH and I have been married 12 years. We found out about 2 months ago that I was pregnant with our fourth. After much turmoil and heartache, we both agreed our family was large enough already. AF never came and it's officially 7 weeks and a day past the termination. HPT 's have been steadily positive and hcg was at 76 this past Thursday. OB thinks I'm pregnant again. (U/s showed a small spot on Thursday and I'm having another hcg blood test tomorrow.) I didn't really feel pregnant until today. My youngest is in first grade for Christ's sake! DH is not receptive to the idea of having another, but my mind is made up. To me, it's obvious now that being a mom of four is in His plan for me, but I am so overwhelmed at the thought!! I'm an accountant and must work outside the home, as I'm the main bread winner of the family. Anyone else out there with crazy age differences?! How many do you have and how are you coping?

Thanks for listening,
AJ
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shyanntech
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:20 PM

my sisters and i are.. 12 years older then me 8 years older then me and im the baby \.. my kids are 6 years different.. we wanted to wait until we though DH had a good job before we had another one..

MommaVoo
by Ariana on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM

my other two children are going to be 14 and 17 right after this one is born.. although this is a different husband so slightly different situation that you. We planned this one though because my husband doesnt have any children and finally decided he wanted his own :) I was starting to feel the ole biological clock anyways and couldnt be happier. My ex was about 12 yrs younger than his only other sibling, my ex MIL had issues carrying a second child to term.

CafeMom Tickers
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Mine are 6 and 11..in 1st and 6th grades. It's hard because the older one is a boy and the younger one is a girl. Totally different ages and genders makes it hard because they have almost nothing in common and don't enjoy the same things at all. If we do something fun with one, the other is bored and/or miserable. 

Miss.MandyLynn
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
4 moms liked this

no offence but if you just terminated a pregnancy why would't you have been more cafeful? im not trying to be rude but really it's in the cards for you i don't think so i think you were careless

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Wow. I'd say you were meant to have another baby. And I will leave this conversation at that.
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Who's plan? Don't you make your own plans for your life? If it's not a good idea to have another then don't. Sounds like it would put a lot of strain on your family and your marriage. Just being honest in regards to what you explained.
Janelle1009
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Wow. You have to do what's best for you. Good luck.

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM
5 moms liked this

They have these wonderful procedures called vasectomies. Maybe you better have your husband go get one.

my4kidsrock2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM

My kids are 19 (almost 20), 16, 14, and 6. The age difference is great and made things so much easier with my youngest. I didn't have to be chasing little ones around while also trying to take care of a new baby because they were all old enough to self manage for a while, plus I had built in helpers if I needed them   :)

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
My oldest DD is 13, DS is 4 and we are due in April. I love the age gap. She can be a handful heading in to teenage years but she can also help if needed. No more then one in diapers, one at home at a time. That is if DS starts school next year. His teachers are saying he isn't really retaining stuff right now but he just turned 4 in August. We are starting to work at home on some things. DD was a natural at school, even at his age but they are all different. We will probably take permanent measures to make this our last.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)