Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SUV or sedan best for a 1st time Mom?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi! I'm only 7 wks but looking ahead, I currently have a lil 2 door fun convertible but it just won't be very practical. We are discussing going to an SUV or a sedan style, what do any of you present mommies recommend? Thanks!!
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

It just depends on your lifestyle. Since a two door car suits you well right now, a sedan might work. If you are planning on having more kids before you buy another car I'd definitely go for the SUV. 

I, on the other hand, hope to never drive a car again. Cars are low and I'm tall. Safety tells you to put your child in the middle. For both DH and I bending down to latch the car seat in the middle was a pain in the butt, especially in crowded parking lots. Other mommies seem to have no issue with it. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

We have a Honda CRV and we're happy with it.

LivinDeadGurl
So tired of this migraine!
Yesterday at 3:17 PM
by Maranda on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:43 AM
3 moms liked this

Really, you could have pretty much any car you would like. 

liss05
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM

We have a convertable Mustang,Volvo XC70,and a Jeep which is my primary car but the kids go in all of them dpending on where we are going As long as you are happy driving your car why change just because you are having a baby. Good Luck :)

Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Like most of the other ladies have said it depends how what you like. I had a Explorer when I had my son, got rid of it and got another Explorer then I had a Durango. I perfer SUV's over sedans but right now I have a Civic. It's 4 door so it works but I wont be happy until I get an SUV. I'm trying to talk my boyfriend into letting me take the Volvo X90 that he has. LOL Hasn't worked yet.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

FlaSun9
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Thank you all! What great feedback! I used to always have SUVs then I recently got my lil convertible, my husband suggested possibly an infiniti sedan, but being used to SUVs, Im leaning towards going back to that. I was just curious about getting a carseat in/out of a sedan vs SUV, but you are all right-go with what Im most comfortable with :) 

Thanks a bunch!!!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Depends on what you want to really use it for. there are plenty of smaller SUVs that aren't much higher or bigger (even quite a bit smaller) than some sedans. You will find 4 doors is better. Just remember when they get a little older and you don't want to pick them up to get them into the vehicle, a taller SUV isn't going to be as easy for them to get into. 

LuckymOmma_
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Depends on what kind of Car sutis your lifestyle,when my kids were born we had a Toyota Camry & we still have that same car & it worked just fine for putting in Carseats,etc etc..

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I have a Ford Fusion.  It fit my twins infant seats and now their big kid seats as well with extra room in the middle.  I like my car, its still pretty and fast and sporty but practical for a mom.  I also really love SUV's tho, my next vehicle will probably be an SUV. 

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Depends on what you like. We started with a chevy tahoe then went to a dodge charger and I LOVE that car. Nice and roomy. The tahoe was nice but it was just to big for us. I have 2 kids. Dh has a 4 door dodge ram truck and that works great too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)