Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Boy's Kitchen?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hey Lady's, I have a question for you guys. My son is 5 and all boy let me tell you but he loves to play like he is cooking and he wants a "boy" kitchen for Christmas and my husband thinks I am crazy for wanting to get him one. My son watches my husband cook all the time so why would it be such a problem for him to have one? I think its a good thing he wants to cook. Am I crazy? 

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM

My boys LOVED our play kitchen....that was one toy that they never outgrew, it finally fell apart from so much use. We still have the play food! And now at ages 11, 9 and 7 those boys can put together meals on their own in the real kitchen. They made a Tilapia Casserole a few months back. The only thing I did was cook/flake the fish, they did the rest.

CrimsonRadiance
by Heather on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
We had one special built for our boys. They LOVED it. We couldn't bring it when we moved, we were all heart broken over it.

If he wants to be a chef, let him! I say go get him one!!
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My boys Santa present this year is a kitchen with all the accessories. I found a natural wood one with primary colors, primary colored dishes and cookware, and play food. I even bought them little aprons. I wish they made neutral or primary colored baby doll accessories. There is nothing wrong with defying gender roles. Men should know how to cook and take care of babies too :)
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
We never had a kitchen but I see no issue with a boy having one. My husband loves to cook and I don't. Yet I had a play kitchen as a child, lol.
butterfly112505
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I agree! I am so glad to hear that I am not crazy on this one. I really feel lucky that my husband helps with the kids,cooking and even house work so I feel my son just watches his dad and to me he is a good example :-) So that being said I was so taken back by my hubby being against a kitchen. I will keep working on him for a few days. Also if any of you can post some links to good sites to order some cool boy kitchens!!! 

LuckymOmma_
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome,I say go for it!!,besides cooking is a wonderful hobby,I don't know what your budget is but I did a search for toy kitchens for boys and I found this one

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20345036&cp=2255956.2273442.2256395.4486211.3254086&parentPage=family

My daughter went through two Dora Kitchens and my son just used those with her,but my two have outgrown toy Kitchens...

Good Luck

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
DS used to have a play kitchen. He loved it! I don't see anything wrong with getting one at all.
MommaVoo
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting butterfly112505:

I agree! I am so glad to hear that I am not crazy on this one. I really feel lucky that my husband helps with the kids,cooking and even house work so I feel my son just watches his dad and to me he is a good example :-) So that being said I was so taken back by my hubby being against a kitchen. I will keep working on him for a few days. Also if any of you can post some links to good sites to order some cool boy kitchens!!! 

if you like one of the brands listed here just google the name and it will come up with places they are offered, like I believe the one I linked from target I saw cheaper at walmart.. and Im a huge fan of buying big items online as the shipping is usually free because of the price.. and if not site to store!

CafeMom Tickers
southerngirl106
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out pinterest. They have some awesome and easy ideas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN