Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Question about birth control ***Added to***

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am currently pregnant with baby #2 but I am positive that I am done after this little one is born. I DO NOT want to take birth control pills. My body doesn't handle the hormones well at all. I have to go on anti-depressants when I take it. I was looking into the Essure. It's a permanant birth control. I wanted to know if any of you ladies have that procedure done or if you know anyone that has. I have read all about it on the website but would like to get a personal opinion of I could.

Thanks

I am hearing both good and bad from the posts on here. One thing that works for one person may not work for the next. The pill works great for some but for me my body just can not handle it. I go to the OB on Weds to find out if it's boy ir girl. I will ask the DR in the follow-up appt right after it to see if it might be a good option for me. Thanks ladies for all your replies. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I don't but here's a bump
foxymomof4
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I made a post yesterday asking the same question. I just had baby #5 and def. don't want any more and wanting to get the Essure I'm a little hesitant but I don't want to be on BC for the text of my life. Essure seems the easy thing I just hope it all goes well !!!
Congratulations on expecting a new baby!!!
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Following.  I, also, have considered Essure but am concerned about long term effects.

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I have and it was great. No side effects, no pain. Permanent birth control without hormones. I'm happy to answer any questions.
Pnukey
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I didn't have it, but I've read many posts on here from women who had it done and had problems. To be fair though, I've also read many posts about women who had their tubes tied and had a lot of problems. I love my tubal and have had no problems.

I think you will have to try it to see if it will work for you. GL.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I have never heard of it but I I know we will be looking for a permanent solution after baby comes. I am torn on many options. It's so tough for me o decide on permanency.
saltlifemama
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I have never heard of it but can see why it would be appealing. I never could take any form of birth control pills. They all messed with me really bad.

When I remarried it no longer was an issue since he can not have children. It makes it easier. Have you thought about him getting snipped?

norahsmommy
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I have only heard bad things about essure. I personally wouldn't do it. Why not ask dh to get the big V?
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Here's a bump! My SIL will be doing Essure after she has her third and last baby in February.
MommaVoo
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

personally I loved my IUD and will be getting it again.. not very invasive, you ignore it for years and no meds involved. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN