Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you ever feel like you have to ask permission to go out?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 33 Replies

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Permission, no.  I do inform my husband and make sure it's not going to conflict with other plans.

bmw29
by Bobbie on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
LOL No.
Raindelay
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

If I want to go out to a movie with a friend or go to the dentist I have to ask my husband to watch the kid or find a sitter. If he needs to do something he just says " hey I am going here after work or I have an appointment on this day just so you know. Sometimes I wonder why?

TheFirstNoel
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No, of course not. I'm a free woman, I can do what I please. I do make sure to inform my husband so I know we have no conflicting plans and he can watch out daughter, but I'd never ask permission for going out.

mawfia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
No, not permission. I do feel however in a marriage it is common courtesy to discuss plans, etc between the two parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:57 AM
No I don't ask for permission, nor do I feel the need to ask. I do let him know I am going though just out of generosity.
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Why would I? Do you?
donna81
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM

to me i feel like im asking permission. As my husband makes out its like a chore to watch our children.

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:04 AM

My husband is not my owner, I do not need to ask permission to go anywhere or do anything. I do talk to him about my plans since I do need someone to watch the kids for me, usually he is free to keep them.  I rarely go out though since I don't drive and we live to far out for my friends to come get me.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

LMFAO, absolutely not. I've long outgrown the age when I needed permission to do anything. I do tend to call and let my partner know where I'm going to be, but that's because I want to, not because he said I should.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN