Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At finally returned, but? *Piog*

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
Well, 16 months PP I finally got my cycle back. However, it was a super short and light cycle. Stopped for 2 days and now spotting again. Is this just my body getting back into it, or should I be concerned? I took a hpt and it was neg so I don't think I'm pregnant. Any suggestions/similar experiences? Thanks.
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Bump

saltlifemama
by Danielle on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Are you nursing still or did you? That will sometimes make it lighter or not come.

crazy4u49033
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yea, still nursing 3+ times a day. I figured that they would be wonky, but this stinks . I wish it would just come and go :)

Quoting saltlifemama:

Are you nursing still or did you? That will sometimes make it lighter or not come.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
That was pretty normal for me. AF was gone until 22 months PP. it was out of whack for a little bit but then regulated back to normal.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm guessing you are not on any b/c? That would affect things.

This last baby is the first one I didn't go on any b/c with after his birth. I nursed for almost a year but had a very long sleeper from like week 5, so my period came back at 3mo pp. It was only weird for the first two cycles. Then it became VERY regular pretty quickly.

They say that nursing can affect it, but I think that it is more likely if you are nursing every two hours around the clock.

I'd say keep track of it, and give it one more month. Your body is still healing. But my fertility counselor says in her experience, once it starts up again (postpartum) it regulates fairly quickly, and mine definitely did.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)