Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Have you ever been skiing or ice skating?

Posted by   + Show Post
If you've done both, which one do you think is harder to do? If you've done neither, which one would you like to try?
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Mari6443:

I've been I've skating a couple of times. I liked it. But I've never been skiing. I have no interest in it either.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I have skated, a lot actually, I have been a hockey player over 20 years. So lots of skating. I have never been skiing. No desire. Hopefully I'll play hockey again after baby comes.
Sophie1106
by Paula on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Neither but I'd like to try ice skating. Dd is trying to convince me to do it with her this year.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I've done both & was very bad at both. I won't ever be doing that again.

AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I've been ice skating a handful of times.
Now skiing...ahhhh it was a former passion of mine! Every winter from age 4 until age 28 (the winter before I got pregnant) you couldn't rip me off the slopes!!!! And now I've not gone skiing since early 2011, so it's been almost 3 years. For me this is a personal tragedy!!!!! I grew up skiing in the east then we lived out west for a couple years and have since returned to the cold, icy east and I likely won't ski here again since I've been spoiled by the west. However when my little one is old enough (next year I'm hoping!) I'll take her to the mountains and see how she does!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I've done both.  I'm pretty good at ice skating, but it wasn't a fan of skiing.  I had this constant fear that I was going to get seriously hurt.  It didn't help that the day I went, it was ridiculously cold and windy out.

Shelly.xo
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I've been ice skating and hated it, I'd try skiing
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Yes, I was a competitive ice skater in middle and high school and enjoyed both cross country and downhill skiing growing up.
JamieBue38
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I ski more regularly, so Ice Skating is more difficult. But I can pick up ice skating quickly, when I first started skiing it took several years. 

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I am a Klutz.

i used to ice skate fairly often -- used to as in back in middle and high school.  I went cross country skiing once, fell down a hill, and hurt my knee -- after that I never dared to downhill ski - I certainly would have died if I ever tried it!  Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)