Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Gift ideas for parents who already have everything?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 13 Replies
My parents are always the hardest people on my list to shop for. My dad enjoys cooking and my mom likes to be crafty on occasion. I have NO idea what to get them this year!! Any ideas?
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Are there any museums, symphonies or things like that where you could get them a season/year pass for?

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Gift cards to a crafting store and one to a cooking place.
bmw29
by Bobbie on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
What's your budget?
debuckmom
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM

For the "chef" you can always do a little research on a fun kitchen gadget or tool he may not have. Favorites for my hubs (our cook), the meatloaf pan with the pull-out deal to keep the meatloaf from getting soggy in the greese. The pot strainer tool (doo-dad you hold up to the pot to drain out the water, but not loose the contents down the drain). There's also this weird looking utensil specifically designed for browning meats. 

For Mom, go with something decorative and crafty looking. They joy of craftiness without the work. ;o) Garden Ridge and Hobby Lobby have tons of stuff along these lines. If there's a specific project she's working on, then you can contribute a supplies care kit specific to that project. 

All else fails, gift cards to a specialty store is grand. However, sometimes a few gift cards where they regularly shop with a well written "I love you letter" will work just as fabulously. My parents have been remodeling for a few years (yes years!) and I've been consistently getting them Home Depot cards! lol

Good luck!! You can do it, and have fun with it.

good

saltlifemama
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Not sure if this helps but we are commissioning a friend of ours to paint a portraitt of my dad for my mom. My dad passed away three years ago so this will mean a lot.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I'm in the same boat, my parents have everything, they are picky and what ever they don't have, they can afford so I've had to be REALLY creative over the years.  My parents are foodies which is often a life saver.   Thankfully now we've eliminated Christmas gifts for the adults in my family but I still always buy a little something for fun - this year I bought gourmet jams and jellies ; Whiskey marmalade, Apricot jam with armagnac, Chardonnay and figs,  I also found some grey sea salt with white truffles.

A gourmet gift basket usually is received well

How about a gift certificate to the restaurant or offer them a meal for 2 catered at home by a private caterer.  Could be fun ...  all depends what your budget is ...

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Are there any painting classes or cooking classes nearby thatyou could pay the registration fee for?

This is what we have near me.

http://www.wineandcanvas.com/south-bend-in.html

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Anything from the kids.  Framed handprints with a poem, ornaments, a "my grandparents are the greatest because" book.

DFWmama
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I don't do adult gifts at Christmas. It saves us money and we had picky adults who already had everything. Pictures and artwork from kids just went in a drawer so it ain't worth it. I buy gifts for birthdays or mothers /Father's Day but not Christmas.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Roku 3, experiences like pp's have mentioned hmmm that's all I've got
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)