Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

planning to skip the toddler bed and go to a full bed.

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 56 Replies

When my daughter is about 14 months old, we are planning to skip the toddler bed and put in a full bed. It will be sitting on the floor until she gets older and can get in and out more easily. Thoughts?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this

We did the same thing. No point investing in a toddler bed that they will be in for a year or so. My son slept soooo much better when he was in a regular bed.

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We didn't bother with the toddler bed either. I just put my old day bed in my daughter's room and put a railing up so she would not role out of bed during the night.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

We had toddler beds only because we they were gifts. My children didn't use them long. They were both quite tall for their ages and had no problems getting in and out of the twin beds we put in for them. 

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I did that with my first 2. Worked out well. My third child got a toddler bed but only because someone else bought it for her. She outgrew it in 9 months.
Saydar
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Did the same thing. I didn't even put it on the floor. I just got a railing so he wouldn't roll out.

MommaVoo
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I would probably do the same thing but our crib turns into a toddler bed so no need. I dont see anything wrong with it.

CafeMom Tickers
MommyMattson
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

With us expecting again,  my plan is to use the crib my daughter is in now for the new baby. Dont really see the point in buying one.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
C8linVilla
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

do it.. i have my almost 6 month old in a toddler bed already. I dont really see the point in toddler beds but i have 4 kids and toddler beds fit better since they are all in one room. toddler beds are not good to invest in unless you plan to have more kids that can use it

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

We never used a toddler bed, both kids went directly to twin mattresses. At first we put them on the floor then when they were older we put them on frames.

atmsmom2011
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

my oldest has a toddler bed it was free she is 2 1/2 and still sleeps in it. We are planning on getting twin bed with a trundle underneath it in the next year or so when we feel that my 10 month is ready to leave the crib.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)