Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Holiday parties

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 13 Replies
How often do you get invited to them? And do you enjoy going and taking part in the festivities?
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsmom9
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

we had our party for work, but by the time i got out of work, ran my errands,and drove 30 min home. I didnt feel like getting dolled up to drive 30 min back to town to spend less than an hour there. I knew I had to get up at 3:30 am and work short staffed, so it didnt sound like a good idea. They never seem to understand that. That will be our only Christmas giftso thats that. Other Christmas teas and parties just fell on my day that I had to work

Sophie1106
by Paula on Dec. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM
We don't get invited to many. My parents are part of an organization that had a party and they invited us to go with them. That's the only one we went to this year.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

We've been invited to three parties, but I didn't get to go to any of them since we didn't have anyone to watch our dd =(

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM
We went to a couple this year
mskeeinmd
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Outside of office parties about a couple a year.  

saltlifemama
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

We never go to any of them outside of my families. Dh's work party is almost two hours from our home and not worth the drive. None of our friends really do anything.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

We do one with the church and then family get-togethers.  That's usually about it.  They're fun,  There were a couple of others with some groups I'm in, but I had schedule conflicts

Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Two work parties (one of the kiddos with Santa), altho we were out of town for the adult one, so we've BEEN to 1 so far. we'll go to a CE party tomorrow night and then dinner on Christmas Day will be at a friends' house. none of our friends really have them, that I know of, so that's about it.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I avoid them to be totally honest.   

I used to throw a new year's eve party at my house every year.  But over the years, my friends had family, extended family gatherings, kids etc + after my divorce, I moved into a smaller house and it's too small to do so.   Over the years I've become more protective of my "down time" .  I've even convinced the company where I work to eliminate the classic night Christmas party and do a Christmas lunch instead. I do Christmas night at my parents and that's it.    My mom's side of the family does a big gathering early in January and I avoid it like the plague.  I guess the older I get, the more anti-social I get !!

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I usually go to quite a few. I enjoy it. But this year I've only gone to our moms group one. I missed a few others excuse of sicknesses. But we have two more to go to, so it's all good :) we have my parents tomorrow night and my in laws on Christmas Day. (Late). My kids are so excited!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)