Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Any gift mishaps?

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 25 Replies

Looking at my daughter's gifts, I realized that she didn't have that "Wow" gift that her siblings do. So I went back to the drawing board and found something better. Instead of exchanging, I decided to take her gift from Santa and save it for her birthday next year and use one of her others as a Santa gift. As I was wrapping last night, I realized the one I had chosen to be from Santa was one her brother and sister had helped me with!  Close call.

Have you had any gift mishaps this year?

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Not as of yet. LOL
olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Well my husband had my gift delivered without gift wrap, so I know what it is. But we weren't supposed to be doing gifts so it was a total surprise. Damn him.
LuckymOmma_
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM
No we didn't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
No we didn't.
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
My husband ordered my gift online..he payed through PayPal. PayPal sent me a message telling me something was purchased and the name of the company. Don't know why because the PayPal account is in my husbands name but I access the account from my app all the time so I guess that's why. He bought me perfume.
lizzymom80
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Not really...the only issue we had was a delayed order from Barnes and Noble for a book series I ordered for DS.  It did come in time but the mail man put the package on our wide open front porch in the RAIN.  I was livid.  Luckily the books were wrapped in plastic packaging and are okay, otherwise I would have been even more upset.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Everything is going smoothly so far. We've done gifts with SIL and her DH and my great aunt so far and everything has gone well. 

soymujer
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Just didn't buy batteries for one of my son's gifts! 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM

A gift that my cousin got for my dd (20y/o) was misplaced. No biggie~ he felt really bad but told her maybe he'll find it by Easter ;)

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I mislabeled a soduko book that was supposed to be for my Mil but ended up with my instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)