Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

So can't believe the time is here...... :(

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 58 Replies

Poll

Question: Training Bra or straight to Regular Bra? or as my Daughter calls them "Sling Shots"

Options:

Start with Training Bra

Definately Regular Bra

Other (because you always need Other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

After talking to both my SILs on Christmas it's been decided that I need to go out and buy my daughter her first bra :( or as she calls it a "Sling Shot"

I was hoping it could wait until she was 10 (She will be 9 in May) but I have looked back on pictures and whenever she wears certain shirts you can see she has little bumps. My one SIL said I should go straight for the regular bras. I don't know how that works, I can't even remember how old I was when I needed my first bra and my oldest neice was around 9 when she got hers. Here are a couple of pics:

Tell me about your experiences and if you think I should do a training bra or regular bra?

Wayne Jr and Rayna Married April 29, 2000

Wayne III - September 16, 2002

Alexis - May 12, 2005

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cecelia712
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM
How small do they make regular bras? Maybe get her sized and go from there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM
5 moms liked this
Go with a regular bra, they have padding that will hide the bumpy/nipple look. Believe me I hated thinking about that with our daughter but you have to. It will give her more confidence and y'all can pick out cute bras together. They have regular ones in the girls dept. Good luck
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
7 moms liked this
I bought my kiddo a bunch of comfy sports bras at Target to start. She isn't interested in a regular bra and I want her to be comfortable. She wears them regularly and is comfortable in her own skin. Have your daughter go with you and let her pick out what she wants to wear. Or buy a bunch of tanks with built in shelf bras to provide an extra layer of support.
withsecond
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I don't have any girls but if I did, I would just go with a regular bra. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I have boys. I can't imagine buying an 8 year old a regular bra.
Good luck!
VarelaClan
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
My daughter started wearing camisoles with a built in bra before regular bras. Now at 13 she still wears them a lot, but wears a real bra under them.
Kermitthemom23
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Id go with a sports bra
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Try on a little of everything; and put a stretchy T over with each that fits- to see which bra/sports/cami helps the best and is still comfy. Let her have a say in which colors.

irishrose13
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
My daughter is 8 1/2 as well. I haven't even thought about bra shopping yet. I think I'm going to go for a real bra for my daughter. If boob size is determined by how big your mom's boobs are, she's going to have a hard time finding the cutsie ones. I wear a 44DD.
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I wasn't even thinking about it either. Hubby said something to me so I asked the opinions of my SILs I almost started crying. I'm so not ready for this.

Quoting irishrose13: My daughter is 8 1/2 as well. I haven't even thought about bra shopping yet. I think I'm going to go for a real bra for my daughter. If boob size is determined by how big your mom's boobs are, she's going to have a hard time finding the cutsie ones. I wear a 44DD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN