Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Night Underwear Situation

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 23 Replies

So my daughter wears night-time pull-ups at night. She has been doing this for a couple years. She will be 5 years old in March. I noticed her pull-ups have been dry more often. So far this time it has been 2 days in a row. Now, she is very used to wearing them, but I really want to slowly get rid of them.....I tried in the past to have her wear regular underwear, but she didn't like that at all. Any ideas? Is this about the time kids stop wearing any kind of 'diapers' at all?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roksolana84
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

My son stopped wearing diapers at night when he was almost 4. He was happy to sleep in his underwear.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My son would be happy to sleep in underwear, but he wakes up wet EVERY night :( He's 4 1/2. He just doesn't wake up to go potty. Even if I pick him up, take him to the bathroom and point him. He will go but won't wake up. Lol.
Maybe have her pick out a set of undies she changes into at night and they are only for night (for now), but are regular underwear. I bet that would make it more "exciting".
mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
They make cloth pull ups too. It will still have some absorbency but feel closer to undies. My daughter wore regular undies to bed at 18 months and my son was 2.5 years old. Both early potty trainers.
Mrs.Sparkle
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
No clue as all 4 kids were potty trained before 2. Here's a bump and maybe transition with panties over them ?
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I have no clue, but I'd love some ideas as well. My son will be 5 in February and he's been day trained and in underwear in the daytime since he was 3.5 but he still sleeps in pull ups every night. This is all new to me since my oldest son was fully trained, day & night by 2.5 years old.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Quoting Roksolana84:

My son stopped wearing diapers at night when he was almost 4. He was happy to sleep in his underwear.

Same here with my DS.
ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

DS was right around 4 when he finally was out of pullups and into real underwear overnight. DD was 2, which took us all for a loop because it happened overnight.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Start taking her to the potty before you go to bed. HAve her go to bed without pull u ps. Ths should start to train her to get up when she needs to go.
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM

She does wake up after an hour or two to go to the bathroom. So she does wake-up from a dead sleep to go potty. She has been day trained for so long. She was dry again from last night...so that is 3 nights in a row of a dry pull up.

We did try the picking out of special 'night' (regular) underwear, but she is very attached to her pull-ups. Still not sure what to do :(

withsecond
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

If she's not wetting in them, I don't see the issue to letting her wear them until she's ready to go into undies. 

She's only gone a couple of days dry. I'd have her go a couple of weeks and then check and see if she wants to switch to undies. She might feel more confident sleeping if she has them on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)