Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Looking for info/stories on breech and ECV attempts/successes.

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am 36 weeks 3 days and my LO was head down until I THINK 2-3 days ago.. regardless she is now breech as of Dr appt yesterday. This is my third pregnacy and didnt have any issue with this before.. and then again they were over 13 years ago so I would want newer info anyways. I have looked a bit online.. webmd, spinningbabies and a couple ECV videos but I really would like to hear from moms who have gone throught this.

Now I know she can still flip back on her own but I feel like she is trying and not succeeding.. having LOTS of weird movement. I have tried the one postition my Dr said might help and it feels more constricting and counterproductive.. Im probably doing it wrong =P. I also will not trust a chiropractor in my area. I feel my Dr is MUCH more capable so please no Websters method posts =P

I go back in on Jan 2nd(ill be 37 wks 2 days) to see if she has been able to flip back and if not Ill be scheduling an ECV. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
My son flipped himself pretty late. He was breech for a long time. Then he was ready when he came. He was 11 days late. There was another group talking about this though. Someone suggested sitting in a warm bath but just the bottom of your belly in the water ad put something cold at the top and that baby would flip to get to the warmth. I don't know if it works, seems odd to me but that's what someone suggested. I think they say if you get on all fours and rock that that can get them to flip sometimes too. Good luck. I don't have to worry about it yet. I'm coming up on 24 weeks here on Monday. I have a ways to go.
kay283
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Sorry I don't know much about it. But I've heard some nightmare stories about ECV. My mom tried acupuncture to make my brother turn or flip or whatever. It worked but then he turned back the next day so she had a cesarean. Good luck!

MommaVoo
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

thank you both, I had also heard about the cold up top, warm down below thing.. I was thinking of giving it a go and the all fours was what I was trying to do.. it feels VERY wrong and I dont know if Im doung it wrong but it cant be right! lol I thought she was able to flip a little after I posted this but.. nope pretty sure she is still breech :(

Quoting mjimaging: My son flipped himself pretty late. He was breech for a long time. Then he was ready when he came. He was 11 days late. There was another group talking about this though. Someone suggested sitting in a warm bath but just the bottom of your belly in the water ad put something cold at the top and that baby would flip to get to the warmth. I don't know if it works, seems odd to me but that's what someone suggested. I think they say if you get on all fours and rock that that can get them to flip sometimes too. Good luck. I don't have to worry about it yet. I'm coming up on 24 weeks here on Monday. I have a ways to go.

CafeMom Tickers
Bajanmama
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM

My twins were breach and foot first. Thing is they switched position on the day they were born, at 35 weeks 5 days. On ultrasound they were boy at the top by my stomach, girl on my bladder. On the day they were born my belly started dancing and I had to sit down before I fell over. They made quite a ruckus. And I realised the back of my dress was wet so I took it off and put it on the bed to dry. Thought I had sat in something until I passed the dress on the bed and it had dried to this crusty yellow stuff. So I realised my water was leaking and I went in. The boy was born first. He was butt down. And the girl was feet first. They were born naturally. I didn't even know you could flip them but it would probably have been too late anyway plus theirs was a last-minute turning around. The whole time they were lateral and then suddenly they fight for firstborn position. But I was fine. Best of luck with your delivery, no matter what position she is born in. 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My breech baby flipped the day before her due date... I was even told that morning she wasn't ready to come... never flipped back & was born emergency c-section. I was told when she was born she was 2 weeks early. Not only did she flip but she made a loop with her cord & went through it tying a knot in her cord! If she hadn't done that she still would have been born that day as she broke my water when she stretched!
Marz31
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I always tell people my SIL is superwoman. she did breech natural! the baby had a little hip issue, but they were able to get that all fixed up before she was about 4 or 5 months old. She's prego again, so we'll see how things go in May when that one is due!

My daughter was breech a lot of the time, I was worried around 34 weeks, called my acupuncturist who said she didn't do anything until 36 weeks, so I tried all the home remedy kinda stuff, then one day, she flipped, I never felt it, but she ended up just fine, altho her head was so big that after 2 hours of hard pushing, they had to use vacuum forceps to get her out, her head wasn't even in the slightest in the shape of a cone, the vacuum left a tiny red circle that went away after about an hour. I could have told you from VERY early on in the pregnancy that she was hard-headed, but this only proved it! I'm glad I didn't ever have to try a Version, I've heard they can be very painful, but obviously worth it. I think SIL's midwife tried one and it didn't work.

LuckymOmma_
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I don't know about this,both my children were born vaginally and never were breech,good luck!!

MommaVoo
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM

thank you and yea that was me until yesterday!

Quoting LuckymOmma_:

I don't know about this,both my children were born vaginally and never were breech,good luck!!

CafeMom Tickers
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I haven't been through this.  Here's a bump and good luck!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM
You were lucky yours only had a re spot. They use the vacuum on my son and he still, at age four, has an egg on his head where they stuck the vacuum. They said he will have it the rest of his life. He was sunny side up when he was born and was just stuck. But now the egg is there for good. It has gotten smaller as his head has grown but still there.

Quoting Marz31:

I always tell people my SIL is superwoman. she did breech natural! the baby had a little hip issue, but they were able to get that all fixed up before she was about 4 or 5 months old. She's prego again, so we'll see how things go in May when that one is due!

My daughter was breech a lot of the time, I was worried around 34 weeks, called my acupuncturist who said she didn't do anything until 36 weeks, so I tried all the home remedy kinda stuff, then one day, she flipped, I never felt it, but she ended up just fine, altho her head was so big that after 2 hours of hard pushing, they had to use vacuum forceps to get her out, her head wasn't even in the slightest in the shape of a cone, the vacuum left a tiny red circle that went away after about an hour. I could have told you from VERY early on in the pregnancy that she was hard-headed, but this only proved it! I'm glad I didn't ever have to try a Version, I've heard they can be very painful, but obviously worth it. I think SIL's midwife tried one and it didn't work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)