Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you keep quiet?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 38 Replies

So, if you get a really nice gift...do you tell everyone or keep it to yourself?
Like if you know some people don't get gifts or normally get really small gifts for christmas & other holidays.
Should you feel bad that you got something nice?

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Keep it to myself...I dont like to brag about anything, and I certainly dont want someone to steal it...

crazy4chapstick
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM

that's where i'm at right now...i don't want to rub in anyones face.....and i don't want to post on fb or anything like that because i don't want everyone to know what i have over here lol

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Keep it to myself...I dont like to brag about anything, and I certainly dont want someone to steal it...

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM

No. If I am excited about something I share it. Why should I curb my enthusiasm?

bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this

A lot of people have been posting pix of everything they got on FB...I didnt post anything....Thats just advertising for crooks lol

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

that's where i'm at right now...i don't want to rub in anyones face.....and i don't want to post on fb or anything like that because i don't want everyone to know what i have over here lol

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I usually tell. Not in a braggy way, but in a proud way. I mean, I won't brag about it on Facebook or on here but I'll tell my BFF who is also my SIL. 

I'm also a sharer so if I got something that may benefit other people I'm happy to lend it to them. Like, I have an iPad and SIL doesn't. I let her borrow it on the days her DH has to go offshore because he has a work iPhone and can facetime with him. I also have a Canon EOS that I let my aunt borrow when she went on a road trip with her boyfriend to Corpus Christi. 

If I know for sure that someone doesn't have or get nice things though, I try to keep it to myself. I was once in that position and I know how it feels. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

That's how I feel about checking in on FB. All you are doing is letting everyone know you aren't home and depending upon where you are, you may not be home for a while. Like a few years ago all the people checking in while shopping on Black Friday. I was like, duh, all you are doing is letting the crooks know you won't be back home until the wee hours of the morning and will more than likely come home with tons of gifts. Way to get someone to hide out in your houses. 

The only place I check in is church because out pastor asks us too. Other than that I won't mention where I've been until I get home, lol. And I for sure never, ever talk about anything I get or buy on FB. 

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

A lot of people have been posting pix of everything they got on FB...I didnt post anything....Thats just advertising for crooks lol

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

If you're bragging then yes, some guilt should be there, that's a conscious pointing out that bragging isn't nice.  If they asked or the moment presents itself to talk about what you're giving, then the door is open to gush about how excited you are to give such an awesome gift, and no guilt should be there (unless you're pointing out cost and the differences of what you're giving vs. what they're giving).

I personally might talk to a few select family members and close friends if the moment presents itself to talk of such matters, but I don't typically volunteer such information freely, nor do I typically ask.

crazy4chapstick
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I like to share...and not in a braggy way either. I am always happy for people when they tell me about great things that happen to them or expensive things they get. Whatever happened to being happy for others. I have people in my life that are never happy for me....but then expect me to jump for joy for them.
Quoting countrymomma81:

I usually tell. Not in a braggy way, but in a proud way. I mean, I won't brag about it on Facebook or on here but I'll tell my BFF who is also my SIL. 

I'm also a sharer so if I got something that may benefit other people I'm happy to lend it to them. Like, I have an iPad and SIL doesn't. I let her borrow it on the days her DH has to go offshore because he has a work iPhone and can facetime with him. I also have a Canon EOS that I let my aunt borrow when she went on a road trip with her boyfriend to Corpus Christi. 

If I know for sure that someone doesn't have or get nice things though, I try to keep it to myself. I was once in that position and I know how it feels. 

crazy4chapstick
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:37 AM
If I check in anywhere....I check in once I'm leaving...but only because I don't like people to know where I am. Lol. But don't check in that often anyways. I really don't get why people check in everywhere.
Quoting countrymomma81:

That's how I feel about checking in on FB. All you are doing is letting everyone know you aren't home and depending upon where you are, you may not be home for a while. Like a few years ago all the people checking in while shopping on Black Friday. I was like, duh, all you are doing is letting the crooks know you won't be back home until the wee hours of the morning and will more than likely come home with tons of gifts. Way to get someone to hide out in your houses. 

The only place I check in is church because out pastor asks us too. Other than that I won't mention where I've been until I get home, lol. And I for sure never, ever talk about anything I get or buy on FB. 

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

esox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Why would you have crooks on your friends list?

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)