Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Resolutions!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 32 Replies

Were you successful with your New Year Resolutions from last year? What are your New Year Resolutions for 2014?

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't make resolutions. But here's a bump for ya
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3 moms liked this

I never make resolutions....

ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't make them, I think they are silly. I don't think it makes sense to pick a start date to be "better", or to quit something. I think if you have to push it off to a date, you aren't ready to begin your journey. We give a lot of power to the date of January 1st, but things rarely stick. If you are ready to do something, you begin right now, not some over-hyped date. 

I started November first doing push ups, planks, and lifting because I want to increase my upper body strength. I'm just going to continue doing that through 2014. 

Happy New Year, everyone.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I recycled my resolution last year from the year before, lol.

I don't really have any resolutions this year. Hmm.. maybe to just have the happiest healthiest year possible :)

saltlifemama
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
So so... I wanted to be more organized and I was mostly. Maybe but not as much as I could have defiantly more than I was. This year dh and I resolve to stick to a budget.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I do make resolutions.  I think the end of the year/beginning of the next is a natural time to reflect on the past and to plan for a better future.  One of my big ones last year was to get healthy.  I was able to lose about 25 pounds this year.  I've got a long way to go, and I really got off track the last month or so, but I'm happy with the progress I've made.

This coming year I want to be about strengthening:

• I want to strengthen myself spiritually - reading my Bible and engaging in prayer more faithfully, as well as being a better example and teacher to my children. 
  • I want to strengthen myself physically - eating healthy and excercising consistently. 
  • I want to strengthen myself emotionally - continuing to feed and nurture friendships as well as my marriage with regular get togethers with friends and date nights with DH. 
  • I want to strengthen myself mentally - I need regular "me" time to destress and explore hobbies
  • I want to strengthen myself financially - We are a one-income family and there are times when we live paycheck to paycheck.  But when I look at our budget, there is room for saving.  I want to be more budget minded and start saving.  I want to look into setting up a home based business, maybe an Etsy shop where I can contribute financially.
  • I want to strengthen my family - I already mentioned date nights with my husband, I want regular one on one time with each of my kids as well as family time.  
LuckymOmma_
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No I don't bother making them anymore,I used to & never kept them

supermomtx
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

good luck! I never can do a budget!

Quoting saltlifemama: So so... I wanted to be more organized and I was mostly. Maybe but not as much as I could have defiantly more than I was. This year dh and I resolve to stick to a budget.

supermomtx
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I completely agree with you. I like being able to plan out changes I want to make for myself based on things I see from the ending year.  Some of mine are the same as yours, for example your first two. I'm really bad about making myself take time out of the day for God and that's something that I have on my list. With physicality I need to lose a lot of weight and find a way to keep it off so I want to change my whole outlook on health and get an eating/excersizing plan down. I want to manage my time better. I also want to save enough up for a deposit on a place for DD, DF (once he finally puts the ring on it) and myself. AND I want to get my trip to Vegas to get married all planned out and paid for this year. If we can't actually schedule it and go until 2015, so be it, but I want to get it paid for and planned out. I also want to do more crafting, with my dd and by myself. I never take time to just sit down and do it, and I should because I really enjoy it.

Quoting Pukalani79:

I do make resolutions.  I think the end of the year/beginning of the next is a natural time to reflect on the past and to plan for a better future.  One of my big ones last year was to get healthy.  I was able to lose about 25 pounds this year.  I've got a long way to go, and I really got off track the last month or so, but I'm happy with the progress I've made.

This coming year I want to be about strengthening:

• I want to strengthen myself spiritually - reading my Bible and engaging in prayer more faithfully, as well as being a better example and teacher to my children. 
  • I want to strengthen myself physically - eating healthy and excercising consistently. 
  • I want to strengthen myself emotionally - continuing to feed and nurture friendships as well as my marriage with regular get togethers with friends and date nights with DH. 
  • I want to strengthen myself mentally - I need regular "me" time to destress and explore hobbies
  • I want to strengthen myself financially - We are a one-income family and there are times when we live paycheck to paycheck.  But when I look at our budget, there is room for saving.  I want to be more budget minded and start saving.  I want to look into setting up a home based business, maybe an Etsy shop where I can contribute financially.
  • I want to strengthen my family - I already mentioned date nights with my husband, I want regular one on one time with each of my kids as well as family time.  

MamaMichael83
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't ever make new year resolutions. Here's a BUMP though. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN