Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

You and your BFF

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 45 Replies

What things do you and your best friend have in common? I don't mean your husband or SO (I know many of us count them as our best friend), but I mean your closest girlfriend, or guy friend if that's what you have. 

What sort of things do you all do for fun? How often do you get to talk on the phone or hang out?

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM

We see each other every week, because our girls have a dance class together.  Other than that, it's been a long time since we just hung out.  I'm hoping we can do a semi-regular girls' night or something

supermomtx
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I honestly don't have one....lol... I'm too busy with my daughter and fiance and work to have anything else....so my fiance really is my bff also and we have everything but age in common (he;s 18 years older)

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM

my bff and I both have the same taste in music, similar parenting styles, similar natural/organic lifestyles and have a similar sense of humor.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM

DH is my very best friend and has been for over 22 years.

But my best girl-friend and I only met last year when I moved here.....but I feel like we have known each other forever.  We have very similar backgrounds/personal histories, we are both artistic, we have very similar religious practices, and we have the same sense of humor (considering how crazy mine is, this alone is quite shocking).  I honestly think we are sisters separated at birth!

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

We go to lunch together at least once a month, plus we do family dinners a lot! We both look very much a like, we dress the same & grew up in the same county so we enjoy the same outdoor things but that is it! Besides that we are complete opposites!

mommybug77
by Crystal on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Music. Not much actually but were sisters and I've known them for 25 years.
lizzymom80
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 women that I would consider my BFF.  Both live several hours away from me now.  We try to talk on Facebook and on the phone or text.  They both know if they need to talk, I am available and vice versa.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Besides my husband, my sister in law (his sister) is my best friend. We see each other almost every day because we are both spoiled oilfield wives, lol. Once I'm back from dropping my daughter at school she comes get me and we go have breakfast together then run whatever errands need to be run. 

It started out long ago when DH and I shared a car. He took it to work and I would just hang out with her every day so I could get out of the house, plus between her, myself and her mom there was always something to be done. Now we just enjoy getting out every day and hanging out at the deli where we have breakfast. 

It helps that we went to the same school and graduated together as well so we know most of the same people. She's cool in that when I am annoyed with DH she doesn't take sides, lol. However I usually let him know what makes me mad before I tell anyone else so it's not like I'm bashing him. 

We also like the same types of music. Old country, 80's music, 90's pop and some Christian music. We don't really do much together on weekends though. That's our time to be with our husbands. 

Garnet131
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM
My BFF and I have been friends since we were 11. We
are now in our early 30's. We met at school and lived close growing up. We now live miles apart but still talk on the phone every couple of weeks and keep up with each other through texts or FB. I think we always got along so well because we liked a lot of the same things growing up and we have the same sense of humor about things.
3sun1Angelgrl
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM
My BFF and I know each other for ages we used to gang out a lot before she started working but we try to chat but it's life we love each other
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)