• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What chores are assigned to your children?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 16 Replies

Just curious and need ideas for my children...

What are their ages and responsibilities and how often?

Also, Consequences for not completeing chores and rewards, if any?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JILLYBEAN2362
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

DS 5 has to make his bed, help me rinse dishes after dinner, and fold and put away his own laundry. He actually volunteers to take out the trash to get his "workout" in. If he does these things he gets to watch wrestling on Friday nights, and gets a doughnut from Casey's Saturday morning. He is  a really good kid, so I haven't had to have any consequences for not completing chores

PJsAndCoffee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Rooms picked up, beds made,and toys tidy, feed dogs,dust.

Join us @ Pinterest Addicts http://www.cafemom.com/group/119763

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My 4 year old helps by picking up after himself, feeding the dogs, dusting, and small things like that. We call them chores but we try to make it fun for him because of his age. He gets a reward every few weeks.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Put plate away from dinner. Clean up toys. He's 5
ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM

DS is 7 and folds towels, puts up dishes, and takes the dogs out.

DD is 4, she sweeps and helps with tidying and putting away folded laundry.

They both make their own beds and keep their room clean.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

she's 9 (will soon be 10)

Her chores are :  clean her room, put her clean laundry away, feed the pets when asked, unpack her lunch box when she comes home from school

katiebug840204
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
My 11 yr old and 9 year old have to take out the garbage certain nights a week, they have to feed the dog, unload the dishwasher and fold and put away their own clothes. My 5 yr old has to put away his folded clothes, feed the dog and unload the silverware and pots and pans from the dishwasher on his days.

No rewards, chores are expected of them.
Consequences are having tv and IPods taken away.
Owl_Feather
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

DS is 5 and cleans up his toys. We bought an abundance of bins to make it more fun and optional.  DD is 18 months and helps putting away toys. She also enjoys putting her cloth diapers out of the dryer and into the storage shelves

Sophie1106
by Paula on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Dd is 7. She has to make her bed, keep her room clean, pick up after herself and rinse the dishes and load the dishwasher after dinner.

Ds is 3. He keeps his room clean, picks up his toys and he helps set the table for dinner.
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM

My 6 year old cleans her room and is responsible for changing the small trash cans along with putting her bed back together after changing sheets. 

My 11 year old and the 15 year old exchange student we are hosting are responsible for their rooms, putting their beds back together after changing sheets and dishes. Sometimes if it's been a long day or I haven't had time I ask them to help with laundry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)