Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do any of you believe in ghosts

Posted by   + Show Post
I was watching the haunting and just wondered if people really have hauntings.
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
virgochild79
by Nia on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:54 AM

No I do not.

CynderGinger
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Not necessarily ghosts. But entities. Just today something opened my closet for some odd reason. It also put my cat laser in my kitchen cupboard.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: I was watching the haunting and just wondered if people really have hauntings.
CynderGinger
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:00 AM
I put a block up as a child. I must have seen something terrible would be my guess. But since the move ive been trying to break the block

Quoting snowangel1979: Yes. 100%, yes.

I've seen them, felt them and heard them and been taken over by one once. I used to do pic readings but stopped because I had a couple that turned bad and wouldn't leave me alone.

I've believed since I was little. I used to see a man in my window when I was little. But what do you expect when you live in a house that was apart of the underground railroad and had a prist murdered in it.
Ghost and spirits are attracted to both me and DH, Possibly DS and definitely DD.

When we moved in here I used to feel someone grab my face, not mean like but like a grandmother or something, it was warm. I wish I wouldn't have gotten mad one day and told her to stop.
I've heard them talk over the baby monitor at my DD when she was a baby to the point where I ran in the house thinking someone was in there.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM
That would of scared the crap out of me.

Quoting soymujer:

Yes.  We lived in a house that was haunted.  One night I heard footsteps upstairs so I went to go yell at a kid since they were all supposed to be in bed.  When I got up there, everyone was sound a sleep and it wasn't faking.  Then another time, I swore I saw this faint dark haired girl in a white dress float by.  The kids would hear the noises as well.

withsecond
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I have no personal experiences but I am a believer.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I hear people always say it can't be true. That's why I was asking cause I do believe in them.

Quoting LuckymOmma_:

Yes I do,I have since I was a teen,the things I have seen/heard/felt,I am 31 and I know for a fact there are two Ghosts in our apartment,I know they are attracted to me and they need my help for something,I have so many stories but I would rather not get into them now..Oh and when we go places like to this park that is near where we live it used to be a school for Boys in the 1900's I have seen things there..

Reason why I don't tell my stories is because people always said no way that isn't true,well to me it is.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM
I would have been out of there the first night. That kind of stuff scares me.

Quoting lizzymom80:

Absolutely.

High school best friend lived in a house haunted by her grandfather.  We experienced many things in that house that I can't explain.  The first house DH and I lived in together was either haunted or completely taken over by poltergeists.  It was a horrible house, I felt like I was constantly watched.  There was a corner in the living room that was floor to ceiling mirrors.  I would constantly catch stuff moving out of the corner of my eye in those mirrors.  We only lived there for about 2 months before we found a new place.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Scary living in a haunted house would of scared the crap out of me.

Quoting Kaya529: I have seen 2 ghosts clearly and one out of the corner of my eye several times. I also lived in a haunted house that was converted into 2 apartments. It was really annoying because it would randomly unlock and open the door to the apartment and I lived in a really bad neighborhood at the time. Luckily the door to the outside never opened and my friends lived downstairs but still not good. It would also open cabinets that I had to yank on to open them.

The first ghost I saw was my grandfather the night he died. I not only saw him but actually had a conversation with him. When my mom came up to tell me about his passing I actually told her before she had a chance.

An old friend also showed signs after passing away and showed up in a pic of his son. His son was doing a school concert and in the pic his dad was standing behind him holding his pink bass looking down on him smiling.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Oh wow so he was smoking in your car.

Quoting mjimaging: I do believe. But they scare me. I'm sure I had a ghost that smoked guarding my car in Houston. I rarely locked it for the five minutes it took to drop DS off at daycare and is come back out to it smelling of smoke. If I locked it, no smoke. I don know if it was concerned or just there to bug me. I hate cigarette smoke. Since moving, I haven't had that happen.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I would of been out of there so fast my skin would of stayed behind.

Quoting esox: I see them all the time. I have pictures of a few that are plain as day. The most active place I've ever been is called the Buxton Inn in Granville (Columbus) Ohio.

I went with a bunch of friends to stay the night. Not much was going on so we went outside to look around. One of the guys picked up a kid and was holding her over his head. In the picture you can see General Buxton (I believe) peaking in enjoying our fun.

Later that night after going to bed I was laying there and the same ghost started walking back and forth between two beds in my room. Scared the poop out of me. I tried to wake up my friend and all she said was "Leave me alone." And the ghost just started pacing in front of the other bed and left us alone.

At that time I was thoroughly Freaking out so I turned to look out the window thinking that if I didn't look at him, he would go away. Instead I saw a lady in a long light blue dress go floating by the window on our balcony. So I grabbed my camera and took a picture of her too.

Same trip I saw a ghost cat laying in the hall way. Spooky but awesome place!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)