Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

When young people seem to take your job duties from you

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello,

I feel like the young people who have been hired recently seem to think they can just take over what you have been doing for years as if they can do it better. Has anyone experienced this and how to live with it

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't really experienced it. All the younger people I work with are lazy. They do what try have to to get by and I do the complicated stuff. I'd love to pass some duties off but they can't get their heads out of their butts and actually get anything done.
SouthernBiscuit
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Agree.

Quoting mjimaging: I haven't really experienced it. All the younger people I work with are lazy. They do what try have to to get by and I do the complicated stuff. I'd love to pass some duties off but they can't get their heads out of their butts and actually get anything done.
MomoLopez
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't just see it with young people, it just seems to be the overall attitude with new hires in most of the jobs I've worked.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I've only had a few jobs and I was the young person, lol. I definitely wasn't like that though. I'm so unsure of myself that it probably comes across as unmotivated but it's not the case, I really want to do things right. 

withsecond
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I would think it would be the opposite problem where they don't want to do the work and are lazy.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Agreed!

Quoting MomoLopez:

I don't just see it with young people, it just seems to be the overall attitude with new hires in most of the jobs I've worked.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Young ppl are lazy but think they should have the "title" that you have with no dues paid
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Never experienced it because I haven't worked a real job in years. But here is a bump for you.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM

I find that younger people are lazy and want you to do everything for them.

teamwilson
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I get this every time a younger person is hired. They mouth off and rush thru things and then make a mistake and I have to fix it. I always warn them to do quality work even if you have to slow down a little but they seem to know everything as a birth right so I always pick up the ball when they drop it. Our customers started realizing this and now a lot of them prefer to work with me even I I'm booked and they have to wait a while. I never toot my own horn I just try to be professional at all times and let my work speak for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN