Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is your

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM
  • 47 Replies
Family near by? Do they help with your family?
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM

No, we haven't family here at all.  When we lived close, we always helped with stuff.  That is the hardest part about living so far from everyone.  :-(

Krazie4Ever
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM

No. My Mom lives about 3 hours away and is upset that I have 'so many' kids. I will have my 4th in less than 6 weeks, I have no contact with my dad and DF'f family lives far away. We get no help from them. It's just df and I.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM

My parents and sister are about 45 minutes away and my inlaws are 2 1/2 hours away.  I don't really get any help from them.

LoZ_Momma
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

My brother lives 5 houses down from us and my parents live only about a mile or so away.  We help each other quite a bit.

waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I am the second youngest of 7. I am only in contact with 2 of my siblings. Out of 7 of us, only one does not live close by. My mother lives about 20 minutes from us. She is not allowed around my children. My husband is the oldest of 5. They all live within 15 miles of us. They are very involved with our children. My mil lives 13 miles from us and sees her grand kids daily when she isn't travelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:32 AM
My mom lives right by me. She is Super Nana, and we can live without her...for example, one Saturdays, one of my girls has tutoring and then ice skating and another has gymnastics at the same time (we can't switch times because these are the only times they are offered), so on every third Sat (or more if DH is working overtime at the fire department), mom takes one of the girls and I take the other two.

She picks them up from school every third day, so they don't have to stay at the afterschool program and then come to my job from 6 until rehearsal is over, which during show season can be as late at 1am!

My dad is also there and he helps when he can. And then I have my sister and her DH and they are great too!
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:39 AM
My parents live 15 minutes away, my sister also lives about 15 minutes away. My mother in law lives close also. My family is very helpful.
lizzymom80
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Nope.  My family lives in Wyoming, Texas, and Kansas.  DH's family is in Pennsylvania but about 4 1/2 hours away.  I like it that way to be honest.  We see his family every other month (we go there or they come here for a weekend.) 

momma437
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:34 AM

my family lives in indiana about 4 hrs from us.....  my inlaws are living with us at moment until they get new place...

MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Both of our families live within a 20 mile radius of us. We do all help each other when needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)