Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Bedroom help

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
So I been married 12yrs this April 2014, I had the mirana removed last
year in the spring. Had no problems w/it for 5yrs but decided not to get it again.
I been on the pill since but have found that my sex drive is barely there.
So of course my husband has concerns an honestly so do I. Even when he
touches my "hot spots" my body doesn't respond. Ladies please tell me this will pass
or something lol. Im a Scorpio so im very sexual but lately I haven't been in the
mood & im afraid the birth controls may have played a part in that!
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Low libido is a side effect of the birth control pill. If you aren't on a low estrogen (hormone) one, you should talk to your Dr about the possibility of changing your brand and/or method of birth control.
MrsB-3
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Thanks I think I will talk to my Dr. I actually have stop taking my pills for
about 2mnths now using the VCF (vaginal contraceptive films) but my urge isn't
fully their but I have to still take care of my husband lol. I had hopes that if
I stop taking the pills my sex drive would increase again but no... still the same!
lizzymom80
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:51 AM

The BCP probably messed with your hormones in your body.  I used Depo shot, followed by Nuvaring, followed my BCP, and then finally the Mirena for a period of 10 plus years.  Two years ago, my husand had a vasectomy and I got completely off of birth control.  It has taken that whole time for my body to regulate itself.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:51 AM
It can take a couple of months, depending on how long and the dose of the hormonal bc you were taking for your natural hormone levels to return to normal levels. Most women peak sexually in their mid 30's.
MrsB-3
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive heard about women going through there sexual peak in there 30's
im 33 so I should be a bunny rabbit ! (No judgment zone) but nothing gets me
going really...sex tapes, toys, oral yes lol but nothing else really!
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM
When was the last time you had a full physical including blood work to check your thyroid, hormone levels, etc?
MrsB-3
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Last spring ! Im gone mention all of this to my Dr to see what can help!
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

If your interested in a non-hormonal option there's Para Guard (the non-hormonal IUD). That's the one I use & I like it. The only side effect for me & most women who use it is heavy periods. It's also good for 10 years vs. 5 years with Mirena :)

JoyfulMemories
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on the length of your marriage.  I will be praying that your doctors will be able to give you an answer soon.  Please let us know how you are doing.  Take care!

hugs

MrsB-3
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Thanks ladies, funny thing I woke up this morning with my husband telling me he wants another baby. This has been on my mind all day & I'm torn. I'm 33 with 3 girls, my youngest will be 7 in May why would he want to start over ! (Racking my brains to why lol). My biggest fear is that if we try we may have a 4 girl an my nerves can't handle that. So I have some praying and decision to make.let you wonderful ladies know what I decide !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN