Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home improvements

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • 17 Replies
What would you like to do to improve your home in 2014?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM

We need to do many updates, our house was build in 1947 and stuff is starting to go. Our plan for this year is a new furnace, have the wood floors refinished and redo the bathroom. Fingers crossed that we can get it all done.

mcginnisc
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM

We are putting in new tile in the house... the pallet is in the garage, we just have to get our installer out here to do it. I'm also going to paint both bathrooms...the last things we are going to do is put in new carpet in all the bedrooms, the stairs and Dh's office upstairs as well as replace some blinds. The carpet and blinds may happen next year, we'll see... 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I would like to completely redo the bathroom and kitchen.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Currently we rent so I can not do much. I would like to finish getting ds room painted and also the boys bathroom painted.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM

This Spring we are redoing the livingroom, bathroom and part of the kitchen.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM

We need to work on the outside of the house. It needs to be painted.

HeathersRich
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Nothing! My goal is to get rid of the darn thing (sell)
Vitametavegamin
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
We are doing many things this year! We have a new house that needs a lot of work, and I'm very excited about it! I love remodeling! We are redoing the floors in the kitchen and both bathrooms, we're pulling up ALL carpet (dining room, living room, and 4 bedrooms upstairs) and I'm hoping we can restore the original hardwood flooring beneath it. We're putting down a new floor in the laundry room, new flooring on the back enclosed porch as well as the front enclosed porch. We are painting every single wall in the entire house. We are also installing new counters and a new sink in the kitchen, installing a shower in the upstairs bathroom because right now it's just a bathtub, and tearing down an old barn in the backyard. We start in just one month!
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quoting mumsy2three:

We need to do many updates, our house was build in 1947 and stuff is starting to go. Our plan for this year is a new furnace, have the wood floors refinished and redo the bathroom. Fingers crossed that we can get it all done.

I'll cross my fingers too! Good luck! :)
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Quoting Vitametavegamin: We are doing many things this year! We have a new house that needs a lot of work, and I'm very excited about it! I love remodeling! We are redoing the floors in the kitchen and both bathrooms, we're pulling up ALL carpet (dining room, living room, and 4 bedrooms upstairs) and I'm hoping we can restore the original hardwood flooring beneath it. We're putting down a new floor in the laundry room, new flooring on the back enclosed porch as well as the front enclosed porch. We are painting every single wall in the entire house. We are also installing new counters and a new sink in the kitchen, installing a shower in the upstairs bathroom because right now it's just a bathtub, and tearing down an old barn in the backyard. We start in just one month!

Very exciting! Good luck! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)