Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you and your DH/SO

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
  • 47 Replies
the DIY (do it yourselves) types? Or do you rely on outside help?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Bobbie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM
We do pretty much everything ourselves. We sometimes call in friends and family to help but the only thing we pay to get done is having the septic tank pumped. LOL That's just not a DIY kind of thing.
RaisinGirl78
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Well I'm not as good as him but we are a DIY couple. My df has replaced every wall, window, door, & floors in our home. He even built & installed the kitchen cabinets. He is adding a patio door to our bedroom this weekend :)
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM

We are definitely DIY types. We only get outside help when absolutely necessary.

Raeann11
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Yes, if we can't do it. We will ask my Dad for help. Sometimes we know it is something we can't do and get outside help or tried and just can't do it.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Dh is getting better at being able to do things, but in general, if it's something more than he can find on youtube (videos of how-to) then we hire someone. 

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Completely DIY here. We are looking to build a house in the next year or so. We plan to just have it framed and do the rest on our own.

graymm12
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM

We do it ourselves unless its something major or need a helping hand.. for the most part we would gladly put money into our friends pockets for helping vs. a business.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Depends on the project. If we can do it ourselves we will but if it's something we know we can't do or won't be able to do well we will call a professional.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM

DIY

~Michelle~

Mom of eight children
with our ninth child due 6-19-2014 

waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:42 PM
My husband is a diy type, I am a "call for help" type.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)