Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

It's finally starting to hit me - (piog) :(

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  • 29 Replies

I've seen the 5 friends who have announced their pregnancies U/s within the last week.... but today MIL decided to post that she took SIL to see friends of theirs so they could give her baby blankets, booties, etc for the baby that's due in a month.

I want to lash out and say go to hell to everyone who's pregnant and surrounding me right now. I've been sitting here crying for the last 10 mins instead of working on my homework for my new job.

When did it officially HIT you that you weren't pregnant anymore/ It's been 2 weeks since I lost our baby. I feel like it should have hit me sooner...

by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissy101301
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM

I can not ge pregnant, and it hit me every time one of my friends announced that they were pregnant. My husband and i just adopted our 3 foster children so it doesnt bother me near as much but I still long to hold my baby in my arms. My mother in law was always on us wanting to know when we were going to give her grand children, we went to her house every week and every week I came home and cried because I wanted so badly to give her grandkids and I couldnt. Writing this makes me a little sad because I would still give anything to be pregnant. Hugs to you and if you need to chat just message me and I will happily chat with you.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:47 AM

:( I'm sorry you can't get pregnant. My cousin and his wife are going through a lot just trying to get pregnant and it's draining her. She's the only one who actually is close to my age and can relate to me. 

It's so great that you are adopting babies that people don't want/can't afford. It takes really special parents to do that. I admire you!

Quoting chrissy101301:

I can not ge pregnant, and it hit me every time one of my friends announced that they were pregnant. My husband and i just adopted our 3 foster children so it doesnt bother me near as much but I still long to hold my baby in my arms. My mother in law was always on us wanting to know when we were going to give her grand children, we went to her house every week and every week I came home and cried because I wanted so badly to give her grandkids and I couldnt. Writing this makes me a little sad because I would still give anything to be pregnant. Hugs to you and if you need to chat just message me and I will happily chat with you.

chrissy101301
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Thank you! I cant imagine what you are going through though after losing your little one. My hubby and I actually adopted 3 older children. They are 4 and 5 now but when they came to us they were only 3 and 4. We have twins a boy and a girl and our youungest is a little girl. I love them to pieces. It is always nice to have someone to talk to that can relate to what you are going through, so if you just need to chat I will be happy to chat with you are just listen to you vent because i wish I had had someone there for me when I needed it because ven my husband didnt understand sometimes what I was going through. I even questioned our decision to adopt for a little while.

Keep your head up you will have your baby when the time is right or God will point you in a different direction.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

:( I'm sorry you can't get pregnant. My cousin and his wife are going through a lot just trying to get pregnant and it's draining her. She's the only one who actually is close to my age and can relate to me. 

It's so great that you are adopting babies that people don't want/can't afford. It takes really special parents to do that. I admire you!

Quoting chrissy101301:

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 1:05 AM

I was going to adopt out my oldest son. I was 18, young, barely out of high school, and didn't have a great job. It wasn't until I saw the U/s and him moving around that I decided against it. It wasn't that I didn't love my son at first. I wanted to give him what I couldn't give him at the time. Adopted parents to me are the greatest people in the world. The take in, love, and nurter children who aren't biologically theirs, but they don't see the bloodline, they see that they are their children. 

Quoting chrissy101301:

Thank you! I cant imagine what you are going through though after losing your little one. My hubby and I actually adopted 3 older children. They are 4 and 5 now but when they came to us they were only 3 and 4. We have twins a boy and a girl and our youungest is a little girl. I love them to pieces. It is always nice to have someone to talk to that can relate to what you are going through, so if you just need to chat I will be happy to chat with you are just listen to you vent because i wish I had had someone there for me when I needed it because ven my husband didnt understand sometimes what I was going through. I even questioned our decision to adopt for a little while.

Keep your head up you will have your baby when the time is right or God will point you in a different direction.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting chrissy101301:

chrissy101301
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

It takes a great person to do what is best for their child, there would have been nothing wrong if you had decided to give your son up for adoption it just meant that you loved him even more. My kiddos came from an abusive home but even though they were taken away from their bio parents they were being given a chance to get their kids back but in the end they decided to volentarily give up rights. I truly respect them for doing what was best for their children. I wont tell the whole story but I believe that my chilfren truly were meant to be with us. When I first meet them I knew that it didnt matter how things turned out that I wanted to be a part of their lives even if it was only going to be for a little while. As much as I know I have done for them they have done just as much for me. They have mended my once broken heart and they made our family whole. 

I am really enjoying chatting with you. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I was going to adopt out my oldest son. I was 18, young, barely out of high school, and didn't have a great job. It wasn't until I saw the U/s and him moving around that I decided against it. It wasn't that I didn't love my son at first. I wanted to give him what I couldn't give him at the time. Adopted parents to me are the greatest people in the world. The take in, love, and nurter children who aren't biologically theirs, but they don't see the bloodline, they see that they are their children. 

Quoting chrissy101301:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting chrissy101301:

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I have a close friend who has struggled with miscarriages and also a full term stillbirth. Often her grief is delayed a little as it takes time to get the full realization of the loss. Anniversaries, should have been milestones, after effects all hit her deep emotionally. I am happy to say that she currently has a 3 month old daughter.,
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I'm sorry =(

hugs

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I've had a fullterm stillbirth, my daughter Amber Dawn was stillborn at 41 weeks, and 6 miscarriages. We lost our daughter first and all the miscarriages followed. Losing my daughter was the hardest and I honestly don't remember much about the first 5 or 6 months after she passed. I don't remember her funeral at all. With the miscarriages I was numb but I never felt like lashing out at anyone. I always felt happy for others when they were pregnant and having their babies, my fertility struggles and loses were my own. Sorry for you loss!

tapies2324
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM

honey..god has a reason for everything, trust him. you may need this heartache to make you a better person or a better parent, we never know why he does....but he does do with compassion and love.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I'm sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)