Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Does Anyone

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
Volunteer anywhere ?,do you enjoy it ?.I have been trying to find places close to me and nobody needs any volunteers,Monday I'm going to call the veterinary clinic back and I'm hoping they need volunteers,I love animals..seems like now nobody is hiring and nobody needs volunteers.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I volunteer at my daughters' dance studio.  I love it.  If you're not looking for anything specific, you might check out your local museum about volunteering.  Other options - CASA, SMART, Gospel Mission, Food Bank, Women's Shelter.  Maybe your local animal shelter might need volunteers as well.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I volunteer for my kids sports activities when they need it. Mostly concessions~ that seems to be where volunteers are most needed.

Have you tried the hospital, food bank/kitchen or animal shelter. Those are places that always seem to need help.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I volunteer at my kids schools when needed. I also am on the host team at church. They are still getting a new team together so I haven't done much yet but I did sit in the nursery for about 15 minutes the other day. 

My husband and I volunteer A LOT of time to help with our kids sports. He coaches football and I'm the team mom. He is an umpire for soccer (for that he gets paid but he coaches as well) and I coached a season. I'm also team mom for that. He's an umpire for softball and I keep score. We get paid for that but it's not a whole lot and trust me, if we didn't love it, we wouldn't do it because the money is next to nothing. I've also taken money at the gate, helped in the concession stand and helped in other ways that they've asked of me. 

Try a nursing home. They usually like people to come in and talk with the elderly. Also, call area schools. Not long ago my daughter had an event at school in her class where the parents could go sit in for their Math lesson. There was a group of women that stood in with the children for parents who weren't able to attend. It helped them to feel less left out than those whose parents were able to make it. 

Also, whether you are religious or not, I'd contact a church. Any one. They may be able to guide you in the right direction. Usually when people need help that's the first place they call. Church staff can't do it all by themselves. Possibly there is something you could do that doesn't involve church if that's not your thing. 

momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I am coaching my daughters basketball team this year. Last year my husband co-coached our sons Tball team and I helped
mommybug77
by Crystal on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I volunteer every school day at my 1st graders school. I am also on various committees there. I also am a drill mom at my oldest daughters school.
merryvoice
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I used to volunteer for my friend who owns a secondhand store that beneifts animals. It was fun.
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Check with your town, they'll let you know.  I'm looking too but I want to see if I can volunteer at the charter school down the street from me.

Dannille33
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I'm work with cub scouts. I'm a committee chair.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

there's loads of places you can volunteer.  I used to volunteer at my daughter's school.  But it's hard when you work full time and your schedule is not flexible.

waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I have 9 kids, 2 of them with health problems. I don't have time to volunteer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)