Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is this really happening?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 22 Replies

You know how you make plans and dream about doing things but they never actually happen? We've done that for years. Last weekend my dad called and talked to me about the farm he and his wife have been working on setting up.  They have 33 acres and plans for greenhouses, a fish farm, a small dairy, as well as a camp they want to run out of the school they purchased. It's been something they have been working on for years and have most of the equipment already purchased.  They asked us if we'd be interested in moving out there and working with them.  We've talked about nothing else all week.  It would mean huge changes for us, but it would provide a security for us later on because eventually it would be ours. 

We thought it would something we could do in a few years after we get some bills paid off, etc.  Last night he told me that housing and all utilities would be provided. And.. because they do not want this to be a risk for us (especially since DH would have to quit his job for this) they will pay us a salary which would pay for all our bills, etc if we would come out sooner and help get this moving.  They'd continue to pay the salary until the farm was profitable at which point we'd  no longer be employees but partners.

This was one of those things that I hadn't really expected to work out, but now - ohmygoodness! I'm so jittering with nerves and excitement. It's still not quite real

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambertreas76
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM

That sounds perfect!!!  Go for it!!!  That is great news!!!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Sounds like a Fabulous opportunity.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Sounds awesome!
mommybug77
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Great.
mawfia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Thats really great! I would do it in a heartbeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity:) Good luck
irishrose13
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM
:-) Good luck!
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Wow, sounds VERY exciting!!!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM

well has your husband agreed ??  Sounds awesome.  Although I'm not a farm girl but to be able to work for myself and have a secure future is a dream of mine !!

Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM

That sounds like an awesome opportunity!!

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)