Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Feeling alone... anyone out there.

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Hi! Don't worry we all feel that way.

I'm a SAHM and living in a new'ish' town. Okay we've been here 5 yrs but I just can't find my niche here :( All my closest friends live at least an hour away.

newmom218
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I've lived here for 3 1/2 years and feel the same way. I work with women who are all significantly older than me and the few that are around my age just want to get drunk. I don't even drink! I'm glad I'm not alone.

Quoting 12yrmama:

I'm a SAHM and living in a new'ish' town. Okay we've been here 5 yrs but I just can't find my niche here :( All my closest friends live at least an hour away.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Yes, I work a few hours but have NOTHING in common with co-workers. I tried a bit to get in with the moms at my dd's pre-school but they are very snobby or just already have friends so don't have time/need of me or my dd. Luckily she's too young to notice, much.

It's not really as bad as I'm letting it sound, we have a lot of couple friends, but a GOOD girlfriend is sure in need.

Quoting newmom218:

I've lived here for 3 1/2 years and feel the same way. I work with women who are all significantly older than me and the few that are around my age just want to get drunk. I don't even drink! I'm glad I'm not alone.

Quoting 12yrmama:

Alicia1231
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM
You are not alone! We just moved to a new state a couple months ago. My husband works and I stay home with our 1 year old daughter. I have not made one friend yet. From my experience it seems the older I get the harder it is to make friends.
newmom218
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:42 PM

So true. It seems that way for me as well as I get older the type of women out there looking for the same things are rare. There are some mom's at daycare but they are all from the area and all have friends as well and it's hard to come into that type of relationship.

Quoting Alicia1231: You are not alone! We just moved to a new state a couple months ago. My husband works and I stay home with our 1 year old daughter. I have not made one friend yet. From my experience it seems the older I get the harder it is to make friends.

momofjnlj
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Be encouraged...you are not the only one who feels this way. I've lived in the same city for 15 years and still don't have a best friend. The closest friend I had stopped being a friend when I got divorce 6 years ago. Just be friendly to everyone you meet, eventually God will bring the right one for you to have that close bong with if that's what you want. (I can personally attest to this, as I have a few relationships that are developing right now)
Sunshine257
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Usually I do. Lately I don't feel that way.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM
You're definitely not alone and whenever you feel that way, come in here and talk to us! :) Hugs!
Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Yes, I have my days. I'm a single mother trying to look for a job after being fired 7 monhgs ago. Glad to see who my real friends are and got rid of the ones who were just around because they wanted something.
merryvoice
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
You are definitely not alone. When we first moved back East, we had no one. Hubby was working a lot and we only had one car for the first few years, so I couldn't get a job or meet people. (We lived in a small town with no public transport.) But, we put ourselves out there and started meeting people. It got a lot less lonely then. It was wicked hard at first for me though, because I used to be so shy. I hope things change for you soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)