Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Pancreatitis Update; Maybe TMI

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM
  • 31 Replies
Hello Everyone:

I've had pancreatitis since the beginning of November. I was just wondering if anyone else here has had it, and how long did it last? Three months is so long to be continually sick.

1/14/14-I got my enscopy and colonoscopy today. The doctor took biopsies and we should find out within 2 weeks of what they all are.

I have to get another colonoscopy because my colon wasn't clear, and they found a mass on my pancreas that could be cancer. So the doctor wants to just take my whole pancreas out. I'm not sure when that will be though.

I'm upset by this news, but also grateful that if it is cancer, it's on an organ that can be removed. It's just all so scary.
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no experience with this, sorry. I hate that you are going through it though, and I'm willing to lend an ear if you need:) Hugs and I hope you feel better soon!

merryvoice
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Aww, thank you so much! You are very kind.

It definitely has been hell. I'm hoping that the endoscopy tomorrow will give the doctor some answers.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I have no experience with this, sorry. I hate that you are going through it though, and I'm willing to lend an ear if you need:) Hugs and I hope you feel better soon!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I certainly hope they find answers too! Please come back and let me know what they find. 

You're welcome. I don't like to see (or know about) anyone in pain. I have a high pain tolerance but not everyone does, and also I've never been in constant pain without relief so I really don't know what that's like. 

Quoting merryvoice: Aww, thank you so much! You are very kind.

It definitely has been hell. I'm hoping that the endoscopy tomorrow will give the doctor some answers.

Quoting countrymomma81:

merryvoice
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Ha, well I have a low tolerance for pain but I'm kind of used to it now. Ever since I gave birth in July 2012, I got a compressed nerve in my spine. I've been in constant pain since then. The pancreatitis is pretty mild most days, compared to that. But thank you so much for your support. I'll do my best to remember to keep you updated!

Quoting countrymomma81:

I certainly hope they find answers too! Please come back and let me know what they find. 

You're welcome. I don't like to see (or know about) anyone in pain. I have a high pain tolerance but not everyone does, and also I've never been in constant pain without relief so I really don't know what that's like. 

Quoting countrymomma81:

Dannille33
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you have that .. :( but I am not fimilar with it. Good luck and I hope you get the answers you need and feel better soon.

merryvoice
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Thank you so much! I'm getting a couple procedures today that will hopefully give us some answers.

Quoting Dannille33:

I'm sorry you have that .. :( but I am not fimilar with it. Good luck and I hope you get the answers you need and feel better soon.

Dannille33
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I do hope they help..

I'll say a prayer for you. It doesn't sound pleasant at all.. :(

Quoting merryvoice: Thank you so much! I'm getting a couple procedures today that will hopefully give us some answers.

Quoting Dannille33:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
My mom had ulcer scarring and they did surgery and removed half her stomach. After the surgery she developed pancreatitis and had to take pancreatic enzymes every day in order to eat. Sadly she never recovered from the surgery and passed away in 2005. :( So I'm somewhat familiar with it, just to the utmost extreme. I sincerely hope you get some answers and you feel better soon! Hugs and keep us posted on how you're doing, hun.
LuckymOmma_
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Nope I never have,I hope You feel better soon

merryvoice
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Just wanted you to know that I updated my post. Thanks so much for your concern. =)

Quoting merryvoice: Ha, well I have a low tolerance for pain but I'm kind of used to it now. Ever since I gave birth in July 2012, I got a compressed nerve in my spine. I've been in constant pain since then. The pancreatitis is pretty mild most days, compared to that. But thank you so much for your support. I'll do my best to remember to keep you updated!

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)