Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

stay at home mom and in need of adult conversation!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM
  • 16 Replies

I recently moved and am having a really hard time finding friends. It is a small town and I havent been able to find any groups thru online hunting. My son is 3 years old and I am terribly in need of friends I can see in person. Any advice on how to reach out? I am outgoing to a point, bed at getting out there in new place and meeting people though. Before it was easy because I would meet through work but being a SAHM, its hard.

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aprilbaby14
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Hi. I am april online and came across your post. I am a bitt sadden to hear you are alil down. I am a stay at home myself seriously. I have a a five year old and am currently taking care of my niece my sister travels her job so I can relate to you. I dnt have much friends but manage well. I recently joined the other Mothers. It is nice to get to know you better. You will meet plently new ppl this year God is with you/us. Name is April again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Find activities. I'm in a rural area too and my 3 year old does dance, story time, and awana. She does speech too but that's a whole other thing.
nmartin15
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Money is real tight so free activities are hard to find. Our library does have story time but for some reason we are never able to get there. two times a week, in mornings and the days i plan to go my lil guy sleeps in lol I did find a tumbling/activities class through park district that I think we can afford so thats my stop tomorrow. Thank you so much for your responses!

Aprilbaby14
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Ok ok sounds good. I hope it goes very well. Talk with you soonn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiRox81
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Maybe go back to work...that's what I did, and my life is much more full, and my child is still being raised in a Christian environment.  We also will have more money for him in the future because we are saving more.  It's been a "Win-Win" for us.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hello and welcome!  I made a lot of friends when my dd was little at the park, storytime at the library and play areas at the mall.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Quoting JasonsMom2007: Find activities. I'm in a rural area too and my 3 year old does dance, story time, and awana. She does speech too but that's a whole other thing.

That's how I've made most of my friends. Find story time at libraries, enroll your child in sports or music lessons. 

LuckymOmma_
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Hi there,I'm in the same boat as you,I lost all my friends when I got pregnant with my first child,9 years ago,I haven't had a friend since then,I tried making friends and it didn't work so I gave up.
LuckymOmma_
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Oh and I'm a stay at home mom too
Knightquester
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Go to http://www.meetup.com/ type in your location and see what groups come up.  If you're looking for a mom group you can type in the search bar something like moms and then put your area in and see what comes up.

Another option is when you see your 3 year old connects with a particular child at the local park, strike up a conversation with the parent and see if he/she sounds mentally stable enough to be your friend, if so ask to exchange numbers so you can meet-up at the park and do a play date some time.  You can do the same if you ever get your little one in any extra curricular activities too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)