Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Tubal Ligation reversal??

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

So after I had my second son via c-section i opted for a  tubal ligation. Now he is 12weeks old and ever since i had my tubes tied i have been regreting it. Any one know if insurance will cover a reversal or is that considered an elective surgery so its not covered. Any one know of any one who got pregnant even after they had their tubes tied? I have a recurring dream that i get pregnant with a girl even with my tubes tied. Probably just my hormones going crazy and because of the regret. I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!!

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy20122013ce
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM

BUMP!

Dannille33
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had my tubes tied for 8yrs now. I've regretted it a few times. I know I've blamed having it done on hormonal changes.

I can say I've not nor anyone I know have gotten preg after having tubes tied.. But I have been told it's possible.
Wright77
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Insurance doesnt cover it and they are pricey :( I paid $6800 in May 2012 and still no baby :( I have no know issues other than the reversal and my age(36). Gl to you and congrats on your bundle of joy :)
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Bump!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why I fear a permanent solution. I don't want to regret it afterwords. We are pretty sure after this one we are done but what if we aren't. I hate permanency when it comes to this. Good luck with whatever you decide. I would only say to enjoy your little one and not worry about a future baby for now. We have huge gaps between our kids and at 12 weeks old I was thinking about anything but another.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.  I regretted the surgery as soon as I woke up from it, and have ever since.  I do not believe most insurances will cover a reversal and they are pretty expensive.  We were researching it awhile back and there's a clinic in North Carolina that has a really good success rate: http://www.tubal-reversal.net/

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I had mine done 16 months ago during my c-section. Even though my husband said No More Kids, I thought about it real hard and I have no regrets. My doc even made sure that I was on my game before i signed those papers. It is very rare to get pregnant after you have this done and also when you have it reversed. But it is possible and has been done. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)